Easy paper = Higher mark needed for band 6 (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
Since this year was a relatively easy paper, im expecting the cutoff to go up??

Any predictions on how much?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
ignore ur_a_newbs. I expect the banhammer very soon for him

The raw mark required for 90+ will be 90+/120 i expect.

damo_g

HSC
The paper this year was piss easy.

You will need 110/120 raw to even hope to get a mark of 90%

They keep making the papers easier and easier every year :|

The last 4 years have been a joke.
so you need a raw mark of over 90% to get scaled to 90%? You must have done well lol.

I thought it was pretty standard stuff up to question 8 inclusive. Question 9 i did pretty poorly on but luckily 10 was easy as this year.

sinsolja

HSC
ignore ur_a_newbs. I expect the banhammer very soon for him

The raw mark required for 90+ will be 90+/120 i expect.
2010 was 94/120 to get a 90 on the dot.
Wouldn't you think it would be higher:S?

JustJackie

HSC
Uni Grad
I found it harder than usual. Q1- 8 was fine, Q9 was more difficult than I anticipated and Q10 wasn't done too fancy either. I'm vibing for a 90%, but only just. For Band 6, it hopefully is around 100/120. I should be able to get past that unless I have done some dismal errors in my first 8 questions.

Last edited:

Glorious

HSC
I found it harder than usual. Q1- 8 was fine, Q9 was more difficult than I anticipated and Q10 was done too fancy either. I'm vibing for a 90%, but only just. For Band 6, it hopefully is around 100/120. I should be able to get past that unless I have done some dismal errors in my first 8 questions.
Exactly the same here. I reckon I did stupid mistakes.. Q10a was harder than b. 9 was alright. However, i hope 90+/120. Band 5 or 6 should be fine. Maths is not for me. :)

Sammydubbs

HSC
Yeah I was actually quite surprised by the difficulty of question 9 but I gotta say question 10 was easier than I thought it would be. CONGRATS everyone for finishing :) and good luck to all those people doing extension one on Wednesday.

OldMathsGuy

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think you'll find that the paper will have a similar average and standard deviation to the last few years. Most of the paper was pretty standard with a handful of questions to sort out the better students. The paper really seemed to want to sort out how well the candidature could handle ratio-themed questions in all their variety (the Intensity/Loudness question being a particularly interesting one in terms of logarithmic scale) with slightly less emphasis on calculus compared to usual. In short, I think the paper was fair for both 2 unit and 3 unit students.

Best Regards
OldMathsGuy

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
agreed, easy test, but too many 1 marker, which was stupid. hardly any trig, expect differentiation. After Q8 it started to get a little bit challenging. Overall you know it is an easy test when Q10 is easier than the rest of the questions.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No half marks. But let's say a question is worth 4, and you get through some or most of the working, you might get 1 or 2 marks out of four.

But if the question is worth 1, you don't get 0.5 for working. The HSC is whole marks or nothing.

friend177

HSC
Do you get marks for a crossed working out, say I did a working out for a question and crossed it out cause I thought it was wrong, did another working out, which was wrong. I realize after the exam the first workig out was correct, do I get any marks? Because I heard they take working out into consideration even if crossed out as long as they can see it

shutupnsmile

Premium Member
HSC
Do you get marks for a crossed working out, say I did a working out for a question and crossed it out cause I thought it was wrong, did another working out, which was wrong. I realize after the exam the first workig out was correct, do I get any marks? Because I heard they take working out into consideration even if crossed out as long as they can see it
Maybe if you have an easy marker, my teacher was an HSC marker and I did the same mistake once in the trials. She said since you crossed it out its considered as nothing, BUT if you made a note that it is correct, they will consider the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)