Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Yeah - not asian

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

lychnobity

HSC
Alright, so she's this mega big Asian singer who has recently released an English song, Eat You Up. How many of you (who aren't Asian) heard about this song ages ago?

YouTube - Eat You Up

lychnobity

HSC
Just heard it today, I think it's alright. I searched it, doesn't seem to be making it big.

KoreaS

HSC
Just heard it today, I think it's alright. I searched it, doesn't seem to be making it big.
Heard of it as well. I don't really like BoA and her songs much so this was no exception lol.

You could sometimes hear that 'fobby' Asian accent in the song. Plus, it wasn't really catchy enough for me. She'll probably fail big time in America.

just jess.

HSC

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
if any asian industry wants to make it big in the US or foreign, i think they need to find some people that are born in the country and have grown up and lived in the countrys culture.

BoA, Utada Hikaru and even se7en (with support from three six mafia) wont make it big.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
yeah i heard of her.

but i don't like her that much.

she is OKAY

michyeo

HSC
didn't like it at first,
but it's grown on me :]

mitch179

HSC
Yeah- non Asian.
I've known of BoA for about 3 and a half years now, way before she started releasing in America and stuff.

lychnobity

HSC
I really like BoA, but I don't think she's gonna make it big in the US... not with this song anyway.
However, I do like her song Did It For Love. Repetitive, but really catchy.
Just downloaded the song - heaps better than Eat You Up.

mitch179 said:
Yeah- non Asian.
I've known of BoA for about 3 and a half years now, way before she started releasing in America and stuff.
I only heard of her recently tbh.

I don't think she'll make it big in the US. She'll need to work on the accent.

mitch179

HSC
I don't think she'll make it big in the US. She'll need to work on the accent.
Yeah, she has definately improved her accent even over the past year or so. I heard her in an interview for Talk Asia once, and her English was horrible. This was a little while ago.

0hNivlek

HSC
I like Eat You Up.

Her US debut album is alright too. I found it much more interesting than Utada's new one which is pretty boring apart from Come Back To Me.

Ayu > All.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
if any asian industry wants to make it big in the US or foreign, i think they need to find some people that are born in the country and have grown up and lived in the countrys culture.

BoA, Utada Hikaru and even se7en (with support from three six mafia) wont make it big.
Like people stated, Utada grew up in New York and speaks fluent english, problem was her first album direction was aimed at exploiting that asian factor, whereas this time around it seems like she's stuck to what she does best, making music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)