ebay!!! (1 Viewer)

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i bought my phone which was excellent.. just $325 (motorola v620 new in box)
i bought a watch.. like a fake paul frank one but it works and looks good
i also bought a memory stick and when it arrived it was new in the packet so it was all good.. then i left them positive feedback.. but once i put it into my camera it keeps saying memory stick locked (whether it is locked or unlocked). they aren't being very helpful yet.. they just told me to put it into unlock mode and im like hellooo thats what i just did and it doesnt work..
not impressed!

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
be very careful with electronics on ebay, they arent always genuine or in perfet working order...

i bought a cameo necklace for $40 and its real ivory and coral. score!

HSC
i'm a bit of an ebay noob .. is there a way to put money in paypal without a credit card? because i don't really mind using one, but heaps of people are like "no credit card paypal!", so ..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katietheskatie said:
i'm a bit of an ebay noob .. is there a way to put money in paypal without a credit card? because i don't really mind using one, but heaps of people are like "no credit card paypal!", so ..
i think you can use a debit card...check paypal terms and conditions.

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Haha, i've bought 3 stuff off ebay so far
- 2 lego sets (bit of a collector)
- 1gig high speed sony memory stick for my psp

all arrived in perfect condition and the memory stick was NIB and i got it for half RRP

denise_

So fetch!
HSC
lolz.. i only buy small things on ebay.. not really trusting of those people.. maybe its mutual considering i only have 3 feedbacks! lolz..
things i've gotten
*livestrong wristband ($5 inc p&h)
* Stila Lip glaze in Current and Fruit Cocktail ($12 inc p&h) hella cheap!

seriously.. don't buy makeup at places such as myer and dj's stick to net sites! dj's and myer mark up to crazy prices so that they can afford to employ sale assistants; electricity and plus they have to pay for taxes since most of them are from overseas!

my friend recommended me to www.strawberrynet.com its really good and cheap! but often stocks are sold out :cry:

7th Sign

HSC
"All positive feedback received: 190"

Bacially many items, around 200 transactions to date,

just this year I think I have exchanged around $20 000 worth of good maby more

I dont really buy clothes for my self but I have pruchased like 20 RL polos for other people.

Their are many more things I have purchased on ebay but I dont really have to time to talk about them.

Sure on ebay many many things are fakes, you may think you have a real shirt but really its a high quality fake like 40% of the clothes on ebay are hq fakes and I know from experience.

out of the 200 people I have dealt with I have only had about 5 people who cause problems,

One person recieved a item then claimed it was broken and wanted a re fund and she waned to keep the item, I said no it does not work like this you send the item back then a re fund is given, she then gave me bad feedback,

Another time this idiot purchases like 4 of my 100 doller items on buy it now then goes i dont want them. People like this are the most annoying idiots on ebay sure if your a noob and your using ebay and you click buy it now you have to face the conciquences you idiot!

Another time some seller sends me some good and claims he posted them but i never recieved them :|

Another time I get this kid on his "dads" account bidding on my items, then daddy tells me his son got onto his account, i got really pissed off because this item went for a mad price and the second chance ppl didnt want it :( another really annoying dickhead!

Another dickhead sent a item from like 20 minutes away from me via regular mail i said to him can I pick up he said pick up fee is $10 so i said ok well just send it he goes postage is $20 i was like fark off its only a small item which postage would be like $3, still after 20 days i do not have this item. Idiot already got a negative feedback...

7th Sign

HSC
AlleyCat said:
i think you can use a debit card...check paypal terms and conditions.

no you can not use a debit card on paypal

its linked to your credit card, I have 4 accounts on pay pal and I wish you could use your debit card because pay pal is a bitch with fees...

also here is some advice about buying :D

* look for like buy it now items with 9-10 days to go some times you can get crazy bargins on them

* Dont really buy common items on sunday nights as the prices are very high on this night for every thing.

* The best times for auctions ending to bid on is on friday night, or week day mornings :D

Last edited:

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i've bought a tonnne of badges,
and a pink guess handbag (one of the smartest moves i everrr made)

i love badges!

fb07

HSC
everybody raves on and on about ebay.. i admit i've never used it
can i use it wqithout credit card? what the hell is paypal?

7th Sign

HSC
fb07 said:
everybody raves on and on about ebay.. i admit i've never used it
can i use it wqithout credit card? what the hell is paypal?
yeah u can supply ebay with liek heaps good id form

liek birth cert or uni id card or something and then connect your account to your debit card and ebay will let our sell/ trade...this is the way most of the scammers get in through using fake details...

also pay pal is like a online bank account run by ebay wich has over 56 million users world wide....its a quick way of exchanging money and sending it to 100s of over seas countries in second via "email addys" its alright yet the fees are stupidly high,

like transfering money out of your account under $150 is $1.50 per transaction

yet if your in the usa its free ... not fair ?

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
bought a denim mini, an alannah hill top, trance cd that was from uk

all at reasonable prices.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I got damselfly earrings that retail at David Jones for around $300 but i got them for $30. Theyre costume jewellery with multiple small gold chains of pearls, crystals, etc. Hot :)

And i also got a DVD Boxed Season3 of Charmed, which was about 30bucks cheaper than what it retails in shops like Target.

Last edited:

v sia

HSC
7th Sign * look for like buy it now items with 9-10 days to go some times you can get crazy bargins on them [/QUOTE said:
9-10 minutes you mean lmao

Anyway im a * E-bay Newb * and my main mistake was overlooking the " feedback"

I bought this lord of the rings , ring and thought wow what a bargain for $ 5 lmao and i bidded AND THEN looked at his feedback , a few people saying :

- it looks fake
- Monopoly piece lmao
- Came out of a chip packet

anyway i tried cancelling it 1 week ago but no reply at all .... sigh oh well

Oh and im currently won 4 items from ApusAuctions and my god they take forever to reply or ignore my emails thus i have to constantly email them the same message .

I left them 4 negative feed back for the 2 weeks of waiting for the * dispatch * email which takes another 2 weeks for it to arrive here . All in all probably 6 weeks for my items OMG

I didn't know it takes this long for items to arrive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice ,
- Read before bidding ( especially the postage costs and EST of arrival)
- Read Feedback ( obviously )

and try to buy from Well known wholesalers

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
my sharona said:
Once you buy perfume from eBay, you'll never go back to the store again...
very true.

i buy polaroid film from a certain seller on ebay. it usually costs $20 for a pack of ten but when i get it from ebay it costs about $8 for a pack.

v sia

HSC
errr what about postage and handling ?? and the time it takes to get there.

I've just realised ( stupid of me ) that some of the stuff there is actually much more expensive than your local shopping centre .

EG simpsons season 1-5 , it costs $29.95 from big -w , k-mart . Hassle free ( well going there and back ) you get it straight away , where as E-bay it costed ......... 60 dollars WTF ? and 20 dollars postage and handling and im guessing it takes more than 3-4 days to get to you sometimes as long as 1 month . By then im sure most of the episodes would be on TV y then lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)