ECMT1010 Computer Ass. 2 (1 Viewer)

Lainee

HSC
myg0t said:
Im not so sure that this is right. The probability is affected by the mean score (520) and the s.d (96.3), therefore I think the original way was right.

Yes true, but the mean and SD doesn't restrict the values to between 200 and 800. Drawing a normally distribution graph, both ends go up to infinity, it's more reasonable that you should restrict the probability to between 750 and 800, rather than assume that the values go on to infinity.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Lainee said:
Yes true, but the mean and SD doesn't restrict the values to between 200 and 800. Drawing a normally distribution graph, both ends go up to infinity, it's more reasonable that you should restrict the probability to between 750 and 800, rather than assume that the values go on to infinity.
fuck it.

spend 4 hours doign an assignment worth 5% for which they only mark one question.

Economorons.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Insert Generic automated drunken response
hehe insert
you guys wshouldve gione to cpmscoc. pubcrawl. really awesome. i got new girlfriend. hot wench. she doesnt go to usyd though. i sang kareokee with he brother.

sexy time...eah

stazi

Nightman
HSC
why would anyone1 steal from the city councill. thats just bad.c ant everyone be nice and honest. i also steal from vdieo ez. i work ther.e

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Later non-drunk post: Posting on the internet whilst drunk is GAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

*insert rainbow*

stazi

Nightman
HSC
damn it. i always do that. well, not always. twice thus far.
boredofstudies was up, so I had to post. How could I not. Everyone knows I am really funny and loveable when drunk. Especially when I misspell words and write stuff which makes no sense. I also become Superwoman.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
absolution* said:
Later non-drunk post: Posting on the internet whilst drunk is GAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

*insert rainbow*
I Second that motion (the thing about being on the net whilst drunk, not the rainbow). Its like year 7 all over again...

ranah123

HSC
N/A
books

I'm interested in doing ECMT nexct term and I was just wonderin is there like alot of maths invoved and what are the titles of the books ill need?

Thanks

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ranah - yes, there's a lot of maths involved.
The text is Basic Business Statistics 9th Ed. Berenson et al.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
the maths is easy if you did 3/4 units of maths...and have an uncanny ability to memorise formulas

04er

HSC
ranah123 said:
I'm interested in doing ECMT nexct term and I was just wonderin is there like alot of maths invoved and what are the titles of the books ill need?

Thanks
interested!?!? ecmt is bloody awful :chainsaw: definitely my worst subject this semester by a mile

Last edited:

04er

HSC
of course... that doen't mean you wont enjoy it :p

and yes, there is a lot of maths, but nothing difficult (2 unit knowledge is sufficient in my opinion).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
2 unit is sufficient? My friend doing ecmt at the moment reckons that the stats and stuff is covered more in general maths. I mean, I havent done std deviation and means and plots and whatever else since like yr 9/10!! (even then i didnt know what std deviation was!!) Does ECMT have anything to do with 2u maths stuff? like calculus?

general maths did more probabilty than 2u maths although it was covered in both courses...

04er

HSC
Sarah168 said:
2 unit is sufficient? My friend doing ecmt at the moment reckons that the stats and stuff is covered more in general maths. I mean, I havent done std deviation and means and plots and whatever else since like yr 9/10!! (even then i didnt know what std deviation was!!) Does ECMT have anything to do with 2u maths stuff? like calculus?

general maths did more probabilty than 2u maths although it was covered in both courses...
it does have something to do with 2 unit ... e.g. series, probability
i don't know what general maths involves, but stas is getting by just fine (i think he didn't do maths at all in years 11 and 12) so perhaps year 9/10 maths is enough.
I was simply trying to emphasise that the maths involved in ecmt isn't difficult (at all). In my school 2 unit maths was seen as very basic and that's why I referred to it.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
04er said:
it does have something to do with 2 unit ... e.g. series, probability
i don't know what general maths involves, but stas is getting by just fine (i think he didn't do maths at all in years 11 and 12) so perhaps year 9/10 maths is enough.
I was simply trying to emphasise that the maths involved in ecmt isn't difficult (at all). In my school 2 unit maths was seen as very basic and that's why I referred to it.
I'm getting by just fine? haha. I'm really not.
I am finding the maths to be overly complicated. Especially the new regression stuff...and everything else.
I have been studying 10 hours or more each week for ecmt 1010, trying hard to understand what the hell is going on. Well, I suppose that if you can dedicate all your spare time and have no social life for a semester (like I haven't) then you will barely survive the course. Luckily, for some reason I didn't have much trouble with confidence intervals, hypothesis testing or the normdist stuff and that usually is heavily tested in the exams.
It is difficult to think in the ways they are trying to teach without having completed Maths in yr11/12.
Some of the stuff just confuses me endlessly.

In other news, after I pass ECMT1010 (hopefully get a credit if Tig realises that the number I left on his bedside cabinet after sex was my student number, not my telephone number) lets all get drunk.

kow_dude

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
the maths is easy if you did 3/4 units of maths...and have an uncanny ability to memorise formulas
I did 4u in school. 3/4u has got nothing to do with ecmt. It appears very much like general maths that my friends have done.
1Time4thePpl, you seem to be doing quite well in this subject ! Well Done

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Hehe, i wouldn't say that I'm doing well, but thanks :)
First quiz i only got 5/10 for.
The probability really really really confuses me. Oh and this regression stuff. I can't see how it can actually be used to work stuff out.

04er

HSC
1Time4thePpl said:
I'm getting by just fine? haha. I'm really not.
I am finding the maths to be overly complicated. Especially the new regression stuff...and everything else.
I have been studying 10 hours or more each week for ecmt 1010, trying hard to understand what the hell is going on. Well, I suppose that if you can dedicate all your spare time and have no social life for a semester (like I haven't) then you will barely survive the course. Luckily, for some reason I didn't have much trouble with confidence intervals, hypothesis testing or the normdist stuff and that usually is heavily tested in the exams.
It is difficult to think in the ways they are trying to teach without having completed Maths in yr11/12.
Some of the stuff just confuses me endlessly.

In other news, after I pass ECMT1010 (hopefully get a credit if Tig realises that the number I left on his bedside cabinet after sex was my student number, not my telephone number) lets all get drunk.
wow i had no idea :( with all your posts in the ecmt threads i never got the impression that you were having trouble with the maths component... so i'm really sorry (and surprised) to hear that... :( i guess that means year 9/10 maths isn't exactly sufficient then...? =/ well at least you've been studying for it... i've been dedicating 0 (yes ZERO) hours per week for ecmt and crammed just before each assessment so come end of semester exams - i'm so fucked...

LOL at your tig joke :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)