Economics multiple choice question. free 10 dollar jb hifi gift card for help PLZ! (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Australia and Japan are negotiating a free trade agreement. At the final stages of these negotiations there are only two ‘stages’ remaining. First, Japan can agree to include beef IN the free trade agreement, or to leave beef OUT. Following Japan’s choice of IN or OUT regarding beef, this choice is observed by Australia and they can choose to either AGREE or to NOT agree with the proposal. In the case that Australia chooses NOT, it will be free to sign up to a free trade agreement with Korea (with the payoffs for Australia detailed below). The payoffs are as follows. In Japan chooses IN and Australia chooses Agree the payoffs are (90, 100), where the first payoff is for Japan and the second is Australia’s payoff. If Japan chooses IN and Australia NOT the payoffs are (20, 60). IfJapan opts for OUT and Australia still AGREEs with the proposal, the payoffs are (100, 50). Finally, if Japan chooses OUT and Australia chooses NOT to agree the payoffs are (20, 60). What are actions observed in the subgame perfect (or credible) equilibrium outcome in this game?

A) Japan chooses OUT, and Australia AGREE

B) Japan chooses OUT and Australia NOT

C) None of the above.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Re: Economics multiple choice question. free 10 dollar jb hifi gift card for help PL

w0t

i'm so lost

I pick B

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Economics multiple choice question. free 10 dollar jb hifi gift card for help PL

locking in b

going once

going twice

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

inb4it'snotB

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

C

astroman

HSC

OP want's quick answers, thats all

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I think that's right.

It's been awhile since I've done game theory but I think the equilibrium is J90,A100.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Japan will YES. Because NO is not feasible as Australia will choose NO in that case as our payoff is greater 60>50. Therefore it is Japan's best interest to choose YES. In this case Australia will choose YES, as 100 > 60. Hence outcome is Japan YES, Australia YES, giving C

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Can I get my JB gift card now?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Game theory??

no wonder

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad

Send me more game theory questions if necessary, happy to explain :)

I eat this stuff for breakfast

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC

Send me more game theory questions if necessary, happy to explain :)

I eat this stuff for breakfast
^ wish I did this before the eco comp :/

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A

Game theory??

no wonder
It's basic intro stuff. Is this for econ1001 lol

Edit:And i think you owe the guy above the giftcard. Good explanation plus ans.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Haha been so long since I did GT lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)