eduf1018 - how do u study 4 the exam (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
and the reserve. the reserve, and electronic resources have proven to be the most useful for me.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
yup definitely, i went to the library armed with a listful of books to get (which i had seen in the catalogue as being available only the previous night!!!) and only managed to get two. the others were all gone. and this was at like 11am the next day. so resources are in high demand :uhhuh:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
<_<
>_>
<_<

I didn't raid the library the day beforehand of everything in the research library that i could get my hand on. actually, i only found about four or so books in the reserve section out of about twenty, so i guess it's not an isolated thing.

how was the speech?

Granmarfunk

HSC
jhakka said:
I found this unit very straightforward, and most of it was common sense stuff.

My study consisted of reading through my notes an hour before the exam, and flicking through stuff that looked important in my reader.
me 2

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
essay marks? 74% for me. i guess that's ok....ish.

enlighten me!
yeah mine was something like that... 72-3 maybe? I remember it was in the 70s but not a D.

It's not bad. Credit is dandy. Plus if your tutor is a hard marker (or another tutor is an easy marker) then your marks tend to get pulled up.

1018 is on the same day as my english exam, but it will take priority because it's just more important. But I'll probably spend more time studying english because I barely know anything. 1018 seems quite straightforward.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That it does. Plus the lectures have been pretty interesting, so a lot of stuff is stuck in my head. Say what you want about Lesley's apparent bitchiness (the people sitting behind me in a lecture being told that they'll go crappy in the exam or something), but she gets her points across quite well. Plus they're interesting too!

I'm not sure if the hard marker/low marker thing will matter anyway. Like, they have to mark a certain percentage of papers as HD's, D's, C's and P's regardless of whether they're a hard marker or not. That's what Margarita told us anyway. I was cut at being 1 mark under distinction though. :(

What I found most interesting, and I'll talk to my tutor about this, is that I was told to not rely on literature so much and instead form my own opinion. It's quite hard to strike a balance I reckon.

SamuelB

HSC
Hey guys, 2 days to go huh... Any ideas where to get the past papers from? They don't appear to be on the library website like my other subjects? Do I actually have to go into the library or something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)