ee-pc (1 Viewer)

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
havent done the drop test yet lol but my HDD is rated for drops.. not the screen tho .. insane..

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
What did you mean that you added 1gb of ram? What kind of ram does it take?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
It would depend on the operating systems bit rate, then again its a MiniLaptop so its probably just down to fitting it into the case.

Camden high are giving Year 9's a Apple MiniLaptop, i wonder how good they are lol.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yep thats the max that the motherboard it runs.. 2 gb ddr2

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
It would depend on the operating systems bit rate, then again its a MiniLaptop so its probably just down to fitting it into the case.

Camden high are giving Year 9's a Apple MiniLaptop, i wonder how good they are lol.
there is so many things wrong with this post i dunno where to start..

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
what's wrong with hp? i'm using mine right now, and am very happy with it (well, everything except the shiny screen which is a pain outdoors). a hp mini 1001TU to be exact. has the closest thing to a full-sized keyboard that i could find on a netbook (mini portable laptop) for under $1000 locally. and the full-sized keyboard was the main thing i was after :)
Waf is wrong. The HP Mini is a fine netbook. One of the best keyboards of any netbook. My main (only) gripe is that it doesn't have an ethernet LAN port for wired internet (you need a USB adapter which is fairly clunky and non-portable). I guess if you only plan on using wireless when you're not at home, this isn't a big problem.

It's just that the MSI Wind is still probably superior.

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A

This is a dumb statement. Even XP 32-bit can recognise 3gb of ram. If there is a 2gb limit on the ram in the netbook then it is only due to size restrictions of the case.

And bitrates, wtf. Last i checked OS's weren't capable of playing in Media Player.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Waf is wrong. The HP Mini is a fine netbook. One of the best keyboards of any netbook. My main (only) gripe is that it doesn't have an ethernet LAN port for wired internet (you need a USB adapter which is fairly clunky and non-portable). I guess if you only plan on using wireless when you're not at home, this isn't a big problem.

It's just that the MSI Wind is still probably superior.
Regardless of any point about HPs quality, you are going to have to go through hell and back if something goes wrong, and to be honest it's not fucking worth it. Their customer service operators are cunts, their accounts department is worse and their tech support department have no idea how to give actual help beyond a cheerful "we hope your problem fixes itself and we apologise for the delay in responding" (1 month after initial contact).

Six months on, still haven't received a refund. Sent my laptop back in December and have reported them to Fair Trading NSW.

iversion

HSC
N/A
thanks for the suggestions. i think i will mostlikely get a msi wind.
now im just not sure of the model which i should get, and also where i can get it (for a decent price)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)