EE2 meetup!!! (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I was just wondering, how did it go? Where did you guys meetup? How many of you turned up?

I'm thinking of a similar idea for the class of '06 these holidays...
the thread is a bit out of date lol. buy anyhoo when are you considering to hold it?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yes, I realised that, but I'm sure there is still at least one person that browses these forums and was part of that group. ;)

Probably next year in early January, since people will be celebrating christmas and new year.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
I was just wondering, how did it go? Where did you guys meetup? How many of you turned up?

I'm thinking of a similar idea for the class of '06 these holidays...
Basically five of us turned up - myself, enigma, nwatts, illoduos, ameh and we had a good time.

And I didn't know you did Extension 2 English Riviet, how's the major work coming along?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well I... don't actually do extension 2 english, let alone extension 1 (refer to my sig). :p

I was just interested in the event itself. Do you think a class of '06 meetup would be a swell idea these holidays?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Riviet said:
Well I... don't actually do extension 2 english, let alone extension 1 (refer to my sig). :p

I was just interested in the event itself. Do you think a class of '06 meetup would be a swell idea these holidays?
I think you should put up a thread in the 06 forum and ask them if you want to meet them - its the easiest way to find out if its a good idea for them or not. One thing I will say that it is most definitely easier to organise when there are groups established within certain forums, for instance the Extension 2 English forum is far more tightnit than say L&R and I expect that alot of similar sub-communities exist on Bored.

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
we could always hold another one, i wouldn't mind =)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the suggestion and your thoughts kami, I was actually planning to, but I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea. I will make a decision, because it was my idea, rooted from you guys and the rest of the EE2 crew. :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
tez0r said:
we could always hold another one, i wouldn't mind =)
ooh! Let's all see Narnia and eat el cheapo food:D
So 05ers, who wants to give one last hurrah and meet the people behind the monitors?:)

Riviet said:
Thanks for the suggestion and your thoughts kami, I was actually planning to, but I wasn't sure if it would be a good idea. I will make a decision, because it was my idea, rooted from you guys and the rest of the EE2 crew.
Goodluck and have fun.:D

nwatts

HSC
Yeah, i'd be keen. :) Perhaps we could goto Fox? They've got great food, great cinemas, good vibe, easy transport access?

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
so far it's me, evan and nick who are in. Who else!

monique66

I'll come along as long its after the second week of January. I don't mind going anywhere as long as someone tells me how to get there and where to meet :p

illodous

Angels...
HSC
damnation said:
I'll come along as long its after the second week of January. I don't mind going anywhere as long as someone tells me how to get there and where to meet :p
What are you talking about? We're going to lock you up in a room with padded walls, dressed in your most elegant straight jacket and stilletos whilst we poke you incessantly.

illodous

Angels...
HSC
Just a quick update seeing as though the idea of our meetup still hasn't quite surfaced yet -

I am proposing an adamant date (or if none can make it, two closely similar days) in which we should make our meetup.

Obviously right now there is a bit of rustle and bustle about offers and the New Year, Open Days and the like, so I thought it might be an idea to hold it not next week, but the one after.

WHEN: Tuesday, 17th of January 2006. (17/01/06)
If this day proves to be a difficulty for us, we can shift it to Wednesday or Thursday (the 18th or the 19th of January 2006)

WHERE: As I have heard, the place for meeting is known to be Fox Studios in Moore Park, to bum around and watch the movie The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

HOW: Fox Studios is suprisingly easy to reach:

1. A bus from Eddy Avenue (the bus station outside Central Station) has numerous buses that pass UNSW in Kensington and through to Fox Studios in Moore Park.

2. It can be accessed 15 minutes off the Eastern Distributor

3. It is but a few minutes drive from Bondi Beach

I'm letting everybody know in advance so that we can all keep it crossed on our calendars and also weave the excuse that "I didn't know" or "nobody told me in advance".
I cannot carpool anybody because I currently do not possess a car but driving instructions on how to reach Fox Studios are rather simple. If anybody knows of a simpler route in which to get there, post away :)

Last edited:

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
nwatts said:
Woo! Go Matt!

I'm there. Who's with me? :p
Moi of course - let us lead the english students 05 through the perils of city rail into the promised land of Narnia!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Wow, sounds exciting there. :)

Ours is tomorrow, we still haven't decided what we're actually going to be doing after lunch, but I'm really looking forward to it! ^^

Alimoe_KG

HSC
Narnia?:(

I watched thatalready and it was so bad i am not sitting through it again. I'll wait outside for you guys :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)