• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Emergency (things reaching boiling point) re: enrolment (1 Viewer)

nor

HSC
Ok, for one, I was happily accepted into B Health Sciences at USyd. However, assuming USyd would perform their enrolment duties in much the same way as other universities, I assumed that I'd have until the 30th to accept my offer, for an enrolment early March - which was quite fortunate for me given I was on holiday and had no direct access to the internet or my mail. Unfortunately, to my dismay and sheer terror, I discovered today that my 'enrolment' was on the previous Monday, the 23rd. This leaves me in a particularly horrifying predicament - the university itself explains how crucial it is to attend this, and how, without alternative, if you don't attend your offer is removed.

Unfortunately, discovering this at 10pm the night before a public holiday means I can't do a thing about it until the 27th, and even then I'm not sure what to expect.

Therefore, I plead, does anyone know what my chances are of still being accepted, and any advice to help it go through as smoothly as possible?

Help!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hi nor,

Its going to be a pretty tricky situation, but the best thing to do is to phone the University on Friday at 9am immediatley. Explain to them the situation - that you were away etc. and that is why you didn't show up to enrollment. They are the only ones that can do anything for you.

You'll just have to sit tight until then unfortunatley!!

Some of the contact numbers you might want to try:

University Helpline - 1300 362 006.

Faculty of Health Sciences - 93519574 or e-mail uginfo@fhs.usyd.edu.au

Good luck!! Hope it all goes well for you :)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Though this may seem mean, I really have to say that you shouldn't have just assumed that USyd's enrolment process would be like that of the other institutions, and that you will just have to hope for the best and live with the fact that this is entirely your fault. Why and how you made such an assumption escapes me at the current time, because your post seems to suggest that you had taken the time to learn about various enrolment processes, just not those that operate at USyd

Lesson (for all) - don't base your plan of attack on an assumption, especially when dealing the University's administration, because you may end up paying a heavy price.

If the above has to be moderated, please leave the second paragraph.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Golden rule of university: If there's any way for the administration to make something harder, further away, or more expensive for you, they will.

nor

HSC
Fair enough.

And just for the record, I didn't make any assumptions, I just thought it'd be easier to explain the situation that way. In fact, my mother thought she was being "good" by not opening my mail until I got home, even though I had directly specified for her to do so (not that I'm blaming her whatsoever).

It seems I'm either down to ringing at 9am Friday or showing up there 9am Friday. However, I'm interested to find out which of these two would be more beneficial if at all.

note: I'm not sure if this is of any use to the whole situation, but the course I was granted entry into still has vacancies.

nor

HSC
Went to the uni this morning, enrolled, no problems..

argh! What a waste of worrying..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)