• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Eminem to take final bow! (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15948685-23109,00.html

RAP superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, his hometown newspaper reported.
Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the Detroit Free Press also said his current album Encore would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin on September 17, the Free Press said.
Advertisement:

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top 10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career".

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $US1 billion ($1.3 billion) worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this (Encore) to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said Encore, which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make.

"Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on Encore shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is called Curtains Down.

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video, after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.

transcendent

HSC
N/A
he makes satirical music i like and his music isn't that bad so what's with all the hating?

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
transcendent said:
he makes satirical music i like and his music isn't that bad so what's with all the hating?

maybe because people hated his encore album, but i dont blame people hating eminem, eminem sucked since he released encore, and when those racist tapes came out... some of his early stuff is good to have a listen to though.

HSC
i didnt give a fuck about the 'racist tapes' wow he said 'nigga' when he was like 16 OMG HEART ATTACKING at least he didnt say it as in 'yo im a nigga yo nigga wassup yo' or 'yo this is for my niggaz' like ppl like 'tranman' do lol :p \/\/35t3rn SuBurBz 4 EvAr

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
bitchgirl said:
maybe because people hated his encore album, but i dont blame people hating eminem, eminem sucked since he released encore, and when those racist tapes came out... some of his early stuff is good to have a listen to though.

Its a shame eminems retiring, i hope he wasn't coz i think he had at least 1 more album in him, its a shame he went out on encore but that album had some tite trax (mockingbird, my toy soldiers, yellow brick road, spend some time) etc

And by the way.....

Drama setter
Welcome to detroit city
Emulate
We aint

Productions on "hush is comin", "off to tijuana", "drama setter", "2nd rounds on me".....

"eminem sucked since encore" shuttup bitch, u don't know shit

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
I heard that there may be a small chance that he mite do 1 more album, im not sure. Ppl close 2 him are saying that hes gonna retire his solo career and concentrate mostly on signing/producing.....

HSC
www.news.com.au said:
The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever
I don't know much about hip-hop, but this is enough to tell me that i won't like it.

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
No matter wat em puts out he sells - encore wasnt that great and still sold like 4.8 mill..........

7th Sign

HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
i thought 'the funeral' willl be his last album, that live show is just his last SOLO LIVE performance
the funeral was a start to his new music scene or something..

the report above is regarding his last SOLO LIVE performance....

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
7th Sign said:
the funeral was a start to his new music scene or something..

the report above is regarding his last SOLO LIVE performance....
DETROIT (Reuters) - Rap superstar Eminem plans to make his last solo performance in Ireland in September, the Detroit Free Press, his hometown newspaper, said on Friday.

Citing sources close to the 33-year-old rapper, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, the daily also said his current album "Encore" would probably be his last as he moves to full-time work as a record producer.

The final solo appearance of Mathers, the best-selling hip-hop artist ever, would be at a concert in Dublin, Ireland, on Sept. 17, the Free Press said.

The newspaper quoted his manager, Paul Rosenberg, as saying no official decision had been made about the future of the Grammy and Oscar-winning artist who has recorded three top-10 albums.

But Rosenberg said Mathers' current multi-platinum album was "certainly the cap on this part of his career."

Mathers' spokesman at Interscope Records in Los Angeles could not immediately be reached for comment.

The Free Press said the rapper, who has sold more than $1 billion worth of records, has grown weary of the media spotlight and may be musically spent.

"Marshall feels he's said everything he can say as Eminem," one insider was quoted as saying. "The idea that he intended this ("Encore") to be his last record is something that everyone on the inside circle has known for a while."

Another source said "Encore," which was released last year, had been an especially difficult record for the artist to make. "Marshall really struggles to write for himself now, to speak through the voice of Eminem," the source said.

"He knows as well as anybody that there comes a point where you risk beating this thing to death."

The cover shot on "Encore" shows Mathers taking a bow, and its closing song is entitled "Curtains Down."

In the album's liner notes, and in his current concert tour, Mathers has also played up the figurative death of Eminem.

"This is how you go out with a bang, baby," Mathers says in one video," after pulling the trigger of a pistol that misfires on himself.

7th Sign

HSC
shady man heaps of rappers say their going to end their career but then some one comes in with an offer thats too good to refuse and their back rapping, it always happens....look that jin he was like ahh this is the last song I am every making blah blah blah promotion promotion .....then one month later he has a new song out....get what im saying....

these are some comments from real rap fans -

"but i doubt thats his last... too much money out there for him to just produce... his albums sell to much"

"he cant leave like that... plus he blows as a producer"

"he'll be back with a new record like jay *yawn*"

"this is just for publicity stunt for the upcoming greatest hits album The Funeral... hes killing off his Eminem alter ego, startin over again..."

nuff said

Last edited:

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
7th Sign said:
shady man heaps of rappers say their going to end their career but then some one comes in with an offer thats too good to refuse and their back rapping, it always happens....look that jin he was like ahh this is the last song I am every making blah blah blah promotion promotion .....then one month later he has a new song out....get what im saying....

these are some comments from real rap fans -

"but i doubt thats his last... too much money out there for him to just produce... his albums sell to much"

"he cant leave like that... plus he blows as a producer"

"he'll be back with a new record like jay *yawn*"

"this is just for publicity stunt for the upcoming greatest hits album The Funeral... hes killing off his Eminem alter ego, startin over again..."

nuff said
Nice quotes u stole of boxden there.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)