• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Empire Total War (1 Viewer)

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Anyone else going to get it?

Releases 3rd of March on Steam and the 5th of March in all EB Games stores across Australia.

Can't wait till it comes out. Year 12 for me this year though, so I'll only be playing it on weekends >_<

TotalWar.com

zingerburger

HSC
I played the demo today. It's pretty cool. I love the previous Total War games, but Empire's a bit different. I'll have to get used to the fact that my armies all consist of pansy-looking soldiers, with their frilly coats and whatnot.

Naval battles are definitely something interesting. I can imagine how hectic it would get if you were trying to manage 20 ships in a battle, though. Six in the demo was hard enough.

zingerburger

HSC
I got the Special Forces Edition today. I started playing a Road to Independence campaign to get a feel for the new game-style because I'm so attuned to the previous Total Wars. Once I got the hang of it, I started a Grand Campaign as the British. It takes a bit of getting used to because you have to switch between theatres if you're based in Europe but you have settlements in, say, the Americas, for example.

It's also different in that all your farms, religious buildings, research buildings etc are placed all over the province instead of it all being located in the region capital like in previous games. The only thing your region capital really does on a practical level is recruit units. Even then, you can recruit units from within your army as long as you have a general leading that army.

There's just so much to talk about, though. If you liked the previous games, you'll like this.

ziki

HSC
Total War series has always been a legend! love every single game of it but it is sad that my computer cant handle this enormous game. Despite the quality, the requirement is quite scary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)