ENG1811 is hard?? (1 Viewer)

awesomeguy123

HSC
hey guys first year engineering student here. This may make me sound like an idiot but im really struggling with ENG1811 ( computing for engineers). i have read that its the "easiest course in the uni" but im actually finding it pretty hard at the moment. We have just finished the OO Basic Programming Stage. BTW im finding that maths, physics and eng1000 all manageable.

So does it get easier or harder from now til the end of semester? Also, is the final exam hard? Does anyone have any tips on how I can do better? I understand the lectures but when it comes to labs i dont really understand what is going on :(

HSC
N/A
hey guys first year engineering student here. This may make me sound like an idiot but im really struggling with ENG1811 ( computing for engineers). i have read that its the "easiest course in the uni" but im actually finding it pretty hard at the moment. We have just finished the OO Basic Programming Stage. BTW im finding that maths, physics and eng1000 all manageable.

So does it get easier or harder from now til the end of semester? Also, is the final exam hard? Does anyone have any tips on how I can do better? I understand the lectures but when it comes to labs i dont really understand what is going on :(
Don't be afraid to ask help from your tutor, study with friends, practice at home and also go to consultations.

HSC
N/A
is the MATLAB section harder or easier than the OO Basic stuff?
Depends. If you're good in Maths, you may understand MATLAB easier and you might do courses later on that requires the use of MATLAB, just be careful about syntax.

Sm60759

HSC
you're not the only one mate i struggling quite a bit especially at the point we are up to now, the ending of open office basic stuff

ryukryuk

HSC
YES I was going to post the same thing, i feel like an idiot for struggling with this subject, even though i have done a fair bit of fortran stuff before. I got pretty behind because i stopped going to lectures (geoff) because i fell asleep in them all haha and i have caught up, but cannot do the stupid assignment. i am half way through it and still have no idea what i am doing :( feel free to help me guyzzzzz

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't be afraid; ENGG1811 isn't that easy of a subject, especially if you haven't done computing before.

TBH when I did the week 5 lab, the lab seemed a bit rushed and it kinda made me go wtf as we went straight into programming. Then we have this assignment.... =_='

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)