ENGG1000 Projects (1 Viewer)

hjed

HSC
Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone had any recommendations for ENGG1000 projects. I am having trouble choosing and am trying to find more information.

Also does anyone know if the Electrical Engineering project involves programing or not?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Dont do the chem eng one since the supervisor for it is a massive dick
(dispite the actual project being pretty good)

Web Addict

HSC
Just wondering, is it recommended to do the project offered by your school?

D94

HSC
N/A
Don't do the Materials Science project - you will only do well if your project works, and most groups' project did not work.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Just wondering, is it recommended to do the project offered by your school?
No, its a chance to just experience different streams
(the whole point of engg1000 is just team building/group work/etc)

Thief

!!
HSC
Apparently bridge one is easy - however it's nearly full now. 30 people left.

edit: 11 now, it'll probs be full in half a minute

hjed

HSC
Yeah, I ended up choosing the COMP one because I decided the ELEC one probably didn't involve programming only configuring gates.

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Apparently bridge one is easy - however it's nearly full now. 30 people left.

edit: 11 now, it'll probs be full in half a minute
i originally wanted to do the civil eng bridge one but it got full whilst i was trying to pick it :L
so i settled to do the chem eng one

kalstar

swag
HSC
Uni Grad
omg, can't even get into moodle, is it down?

Edit: nvm, finally got in after 50 tries

HSC
Uni Grad
God dammit, missed out the civil engineering project. Should I just stick with my petroleum project?

HSC
N/A
Im starting to hate this course. It is too demanding and i am stuck with highly unmotivated groupmates who expect me to do all the hardwork (im the group appointed leader) I just wish that my groupmates put more effort into this subject. damn!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Im starting to hate this course. It is too demanding and i am stuck with highly unmotivated groupmates who expect me to do all the hardwork (im the group appointed leader) I just wish that my groupmates put more effort into this subject. damn!
just say that in the end when you have to review your team mates

HSC
N/A
Im doing mechanical engineering

im sick and tired of my groupmates who just dont want to put the effort and go out of their way to contribute to the group. yes they go to meetings but they expect me to feed them the knowledge needed so we can start the meeting. (conceptual phase required us to come up with ideas and techniques so we can have as much ideas as we can)

I do not want to create tension in the group so i always go with the group consensus. my god! what was i thinking! its too late now! our vehicle is butt ugly and my group members just want to blame the leader (typical scenario). I should have not listened to the consensus because it was fuelled by laziness, now its already week 8 and we are just saying sh*t in our design proposal (just so that we have something to say)

Im at a loss of what to do. I do not want to be bossy or something and at the sametime taking all the work for them.

whoever said engg1000 is easy, have you really done this course?

and the goal of this course? to teach us group work?! i do not think so! first of all companies screen people who they hire. highly likely people are there in the company because they are driven and determined and more responsible. I cant wait to finish this course and move on. I ranted about my experience to my senior engineering friend and he said that is just typical behavior of kids fresh from highschool. he assured me though that it will eventually get better in the senior years because the irresponsible students would just get out of engineering.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Im doing mechanical engineering

im sick and tired of my groupmates who just dont want to put the effort and go out of their way to contribute to the group. yes they go to meetings but they expect me to feed them the knowledge needed so we can start the meeting. (conceptual phase required us to come up with ideas and techniques so we can have as much ideas as we can)

I do not want to create tension in the group so i always go with the group consensus. my god! what was i thinking! its too late now! our vehicle is butt ugly and my group members just want to blame the leader (typical scenario). I should have not listened to the consensus because it was fuelled by laziness, now its already week 8 and we are just saying sh*t in our design proposal (just so that we have something to say)

Im at a loss of what to do. I do not want to be bossy or something and at the sametime taking all the work for them.

whoever said engg1000 is easy, have you really done this course?

and the goal of this course? to teach us group work?! i do not think so! first of all companies screen people who they hire. highly likely people are there in the company because they are driven and determined and more responsible. I cant wait to finish this course and move on. I ranted about my experience to my senior engineering friend and he said that is just typical behavior of kids fresh from highschool. he assured me though that it will eventually get better in the senior years because the irresponsible students would just get out of engineering.
I am in the same project. Are you in group 24?

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
nope. you still havent have a clue of what to do yet? (i meant the vehicle) ???

coz our group is just trash
Basically; you have to design and build an autonomous vehicle that is able to transport medicine in a short period of time. So design something thy is durable and fast so that way it can deliver the medicine quickly and it doesn't break down

What group are you in? Iirc I think I may have set next to you in one of the mentoring sessions, I remember someone was trying to discuss something and everyone was on their phone lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)