engineering/commerce (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
hey i hear things about people doing 3 majors etc at sydney uni, and thats the main reason i chose this degree lol so like if someone could please clairffy th eprocess and the legitimacy of the claim it would be... MAD *breathes heavily*

im full stressed out man, i wanna do softawre engineering for my engineering degree and i wanna do finance and accounting for my commerce degree - but wiht the accounting part i was hoping to get done the required uos that would enable entry into the chartered accountants or cpa accreditation (im not fusssed which body) and also for the ifnance one i was hoping to accumilate 42-48 uunits.

i dunt mind cramping up my timetable or prolonging the degree for another semseter but i just need to know would such a thing work? please help! thanks

Mejc

CSAK AZ ETO
HSC
aditya said:
hey i hear things about people doing 3 majors etc at sydney uni, and thats the main reason i chose this degree lol so like if someone could please clairffy th eprocess and the legitimacy of the claim it would be... MAD *breathes heavily*

im full stressed out man, i wanna do softawre engineering for my engineering degree and i wanna do finance and accounting for my commerce degree - but wiht the accounting part i was hoping to get done the required uos that would enable entry into the chartered accountants or cpa accreditation (im not fusssed which body) and also for the ifnance one i was hoping to accumilate 42-48 uunits.

i dunt mind cramping up my timetable or prolonging the degree for another semseter but i just need to know would such a thing work? please help! thanks
U can do both majors in commerce with a combined eng/comm degree! Two of my mates are doing both Accounting and finance...their only probelm is whether to do CPA or CA LOL... for CPA u just have to do one extra subject INFS 2000...besides that u can fit it in easily!
( I myself will be doing a finance double major and possibley a marketing major though not sure about the 2nd major yet!)

HSC
whats the deal with a double major.......so for a double major in finance is it just doing all finance elective units??

i read somewhere it was like preparing for honours but not actually doing honours.....didnt really understand what it was going on about... anyone care to fill me in

by the way i plan on doing biomedical engineering and a major in finance but not sure whether to double major in finance or choose an additional major

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Double major means you do 48 credit points for that particular major at the senior level, whereas a single major you do 24.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)