• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English Advanced or English Standard (1 Viewer)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Standard - almost impossible to get band 5/6
Advanced - band 5/6 achieved by most in course.
Don't do standard. You will kill yourself. Advanced isn't even that much harder.
Yes it is hard to get Band 5/6 but I managed it because I was one of the lucky ones I guess.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it is hard to get Band 5/6 but I managed it because I was one of the lucky ones I guess.
What'd you get?

To OP - I dropped to standard because the advanced teacher was a dick. Worst decision ever. Route learn essay writing stuff and you'll be fine in advanced. The modules for standard are less interesting imo, so it's probably harder to do better in that aspect too.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
What'd you get?

To OP - I dropped to standard because the advanced teacher was a dick. Worst decision ever. Route learn essay writing stuff and you'll be fine in advanced. The modules for standard are less interesting imo, so it's probably harder to do better in that aspect too.
They tortured me with 89% in the HSC and I always get over 90 in class assignments/examinations. I agree the modules are of no interest to me by the end of the year.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
They tortured me with 89% in the HSC and I always get over 90 in class assignments/examinations. I agree the modules are of no interest to me by the end of the year.
Hahaha. Shit. I'm hoping for ~84.
In my school exams my highest was 92%. Should've been 100 though, the marker was really bad.
Yeah, our most interesting was probably belonging but we did the crucible which is just awful.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Standard - almost impossible to get band 5/6
Advanced - band 5/6 achieved by most in course.
Don't do standard. You will kill yourself. Advanced isn't even that much harder.
+1

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Hahaha. Shit. I'm hoping for ~84.
In my school exams my highest was 92%. Should've been 100 though, the marker was really bad.
Yeah, our most interesting was probably belonging but we did the crucible which is just awful.
Still pretty good. All the best. Like your signature says "do not bend to bad fortunes of the past but use them to your advantage next time". :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Still pretty good. All the best. Like your signature says "do not bend to bad fortunes of the past but use them to your advantage next time". :)
Is that what it means? Well there you go.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Is that what it means? Well there you go.
Yeah. Its actual meaning is too philosophical for my taste and thus I tweaked it in accordance to similarities w/ Spanish phrases because my Latin is horrible ~ not gonna pick it as an elective - lesson learnt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)