English and Economics Raw Marks (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
English (Advanced)

Paper 1
Comprehension: 14/15
Creative: 12/15
Essay: 14.5/15

Paper 2
Mod A: 16.5/20
Mod B: 19/20
Mod C: 13.5/20

Raw Exam Mark: 85/100

Aligned mark: 93

Economics

MC: 17/20
Short answers 33/40
Question 26: 18/20
Question 28: 17.5/20

Raw Exam Mark: 86/100

Aligned mark: 90

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
After all that bitching about Deane :haha:

To the rest of my fellow BoS'ers, Module B is arguably the hardest module that a lot of students struggle with. You really have to nail the core concept which is textual integrity from the syllabus, that is, how multiple elements of a text form a cohesive whole and resonates throughout time. Especially in regards to Hamlet and Speeches; you must know your prescribed texts inside out, otherwise if you encounter a bad question, you're screwed.
I'll be completely honest: Mod B was actually the worst module for me. When I saw Deane specified I died a little inside. I literally had 5 quotes and knew the speech very vaguely, so I had to rely on that small random extract they provided from the speech. I expected Mod C to be my best but obviously this didn't occur. Shakespeare, y u do dis :'(
English is so random I swear.

And yeah definitely as hawkie said. I think the only thing that helped for Mod B was that I didn't have a memorised essay for that one (coz I made up the Deane stuff and legit made up quotes to put in my essay LOOOL) and focused on the question a lot, whereas the other essays were like yolo - brain dump of memorised stuff lel

Last edited:

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
And seriously for Mod B: KNOW ALL YOUR TEXTS!

If you're studying 9 speeches or whatever, like actually study them all otherwise if they specify one, then gg

iStudent

HSC
That mod b...
Congrats man. Told you aligning will save you :D (wait, is that 19/20 even aligned or just raw? :O)

photastic

HSC
How dafuq did you get 19/20 for mod B, fken oath god. Congrats on your marks, dat creative and mob c though :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
That mod b...
Congrats man. Told you aligning will save you :D (wait, is that 19/20 even aligned or just raw? :O)
Thanks! Annd yess it did :D On the pdf it doesn't specify whether the 19/20 is aligned or raw :// It kinda just says raw for everything so I'm a bit confused.

How dafuq did you get 19/20 for mod B, fken oath god. Congrats on your marks, dat creative and mob c though :)
m9 I don't even know. I was stressing out on module B the most, as well as creative. English is just so unpredictable..

And thanks ! :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
That mod B though. I'm pretty sure i got a 5/20 for that haha. Nice job :)
Thanks man :) I'm sure you didn't! That was the module I thought I'd fail, nekk minnit..

If only that was 1 mark higher, then your exam mark would of breached the 90 barrier :(
I knoww :'( Couldn't get over it for a good month and a half. Got the mark recheck but no changes unfortunately. I guess I've only got myself to blame - didn't study for the 6 marker at all, and got gg'ed.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
After all that bitching about Deane :haha:

To the rest of my fellow BoS'ers, Module B is arguably the hardest module that a lot of students struggle with. You really have to nail the core concept which is textual integrity from the syllabus, that is, how multiple elements of a text form a cohesive whole and resonates throughout time. Especially in regards to Hamlet and Speeches; you must know your prescribed text(s) inside out, otherwise if you encounter a bad question, you're screwed.
I guess everything does depend on the individual, personally, I found mod B the most enjoyable module in HSC English-this is mainly due to the fact that I loved public speaking and debating so studying speeches was like literally a dream come true. Hence, I would actually go to the extreme of recording the speeches as I said them aloud and listening to them throughout the year simply because I genuinely enjoyed all the speeches, hence remembering quotes from any speech was never a big problem, it was more of a matter of selecting the best quotes to use.

Great job Enigma_1, some awesome HSC marks here:) Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to study in uni this year?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I guess everything does depend on the individual, personally, I found mod B the most enjoyable module in HSC English-this is mainly due to the fact that I loved public speaking and debating so studying speeches was like literally a dream come true. Hence, I would actually go to the extreme of recording the speeches as I said them aloud and listening to them throughout the year simply because I genuinely enjoyed all the speeches, hence remembering quotes from any speech was never a big problem, it was more of a matter of selecting the best quotes to use.

Great job Enigma_1, some awesome HSC marks here:) Just out of curiosity, what are you planning to study in uni this year?
Thanks Strawberrye! :D

Absolutely! I do agree, module B is actually very enjoyable however the only drawback is the several speeches that need to be learnt + context + quotes. I guess if I spent a bit more time on it, it would have been a little easier in the exam. That actually is a good method to use (for any 2015ers out there, recording parts of the speeches/or even just the quotes would be a great idea!)

I'm planning on studying Advanced Science this year :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)