english assessment need help!!! (1 Viewer)

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i need help on my assessment which is base on computer knowledge and things we've done, text and society etc
thanks for any help :D

here's the assessment task..

For this task, you are to create a presentation using MS PowerPoint. In the presentation, you will focus on how the composer of your set text enables their message to reach responders. (Don’t forget, how-techniques!)

In doing so, you must take into account the elective that you are studying, either Elective1, the Institution and individual Experience, or Elective 3, into the world.

You must also include a piece of related material( film) in your presentation.

Items to include:
* what is your set text saying about society?
*what assumptions do the composers of your texts make about society?
*what techniques have the composers of your texts used to enable the message in their text reach responders? (at least 5 techniques. Make sure you identify the technique, provide an explanation of it and highlight an example of it)
*what have you learnt about Texts and Society from studying this elective?

Criteria for Assessment:
You must include (aside from the requirements listed above):
*at least 6 slides in your PowerPoint presentation
*at least 3 different transitions between slides
*at least 4 images/cartoons/animations

You must also make sure that your presentation is aesthetically pleasing- that is, make sure if you have a dark background, you have white text, etc. Don’t cram all of your information into one slide/ make sure you address all requirements, as marks will be deducted if any aspect is omitted.

froggy_chik87

HSC
sounds like a fairly easy assessment, if you know how to go about it the right way. What is the part you are having trouble with...the powerpoint presentation?

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
froggy_chik87 said:
sounds like a fairly easy assessment, if you know how to go about it the right way. What is the part you are having trouble with...the powerpoint presentation?
its fairly a easy essay to do, but the assessment is to use powerpoint
and i have no clue how to use it, second i dont have it, i need office but i have home, and last thing i dont want to be knocking into my friends house asking to use the computer where i have one already.
i have moviemaker, would it make a difference?

froggy_chik87

HSC
bitchgirl said:
its fairly a easy essay to do, but the assessment is to use powerpoint
and i have no clue how to use it, second i dont have it, i need office but i have home, and last thing i dont want to be knocking into my friends house asking to use the computer where i have one already.
i have moviemaker, would it make a difference?
i'm not to sure of what movie maker is myself, but i would assume if they have asked you to do it in powerpoint, that they expect it in powerpoint, my suggestion would be to ask your teacher if it would be acceptable to do it in moviemaker. Powerpoint isnt too hard to use, if you need help with that you can ask the IT forum, or i'm sure some of us would help.

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i know it sucks but im sure you can use your school computers to do the assessment

cos thats the excuse they always bung onto us when something like that comes up....

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
waddle_828 said:
i know it sucks but im sure you can use your school computers to do the assessment

cos thats the excuse they always bung onto us when something like that comes up....
i cant do the school computers because its due the first day back after the holidays :(

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
anyone know how to get images from the movie i selected for my RAW assessments, i selected "dangerous minds" and i wanted to know how to get movie screen shots!

ballistic_nerd

Wannabe Pro Gamer
HSC
I hate this bloody assessment!! Maybe it's because I have no idea how to answer the questions on my text, The Simple Gift. It's a good read. If only I did something different since the powerpoint presentation will be easy (thank god I did computing studies in year 9 and 10).

Anyways, there are a few ways that I can think of at the moment to get screenshots from a film.
1. If you got a tv tuner card (aka capture card) on your pc, then you should be able to use the included software to get screen shots.
2. You could use a digital camera, but the quality wouldn't be as good.
3. There are a few programs that can capture screenshots of movies played in media players. This is assuming that "dangerous minds" is on dvd and you have a dvd drive in your pc.
4. Search for dangerous minds images in google image search. You might not find the exact scene you're looking for, but it may have other images you could use.

If I were you, I would look for related images to do with the themes etc of the film.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)