• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

English, Drama Tutor - D average, University of Sydney, published writer & dramatist! (1 Viewer)

Hamish_USYD

HSC
Hi, I'm Hamish.

I'm a second year Bachelor of Arts student at the University of Sydney, majoring in English literature. I have a Distinction average - with more than a few High Distinction's to my name. In 2012 I won the Girraween High Ms Adam's Memorial Scholarship for my marks in English, and came first in the Extension One course.

I've taught English across a range of sites; to year 11/12 students in Wollongong for the English Teacher's Association, to students in Canterbury Boys High and at Casula in my role with the Red Room Company, and privately to a number of Advanced, Extension 1 and Extension 2 students as well. I'm an experienced, effective teacher, with proven results. I'm also a published writer: my poetry has appeared in Australian and American literary journals, both online and in paper. I won the 2013 Verge people's choice award for poetry. I've written scenes for stage and screen, one of which appeared in the University of Sydney Dramatic Society's 2014 "SNARK" compilation, and another of which was screened at the 2013 Pasifika Arts film festival. I studied direction and screenwriting for 6 months at the International Film School Sydney, before transferring to the University of Sydney.

The point being, you can trust me with your education. Struggling through the last-minute HSC prep, or just entering year 12 now? Let me help you maximise results, and push for the highest possible outcomes in your HSC and ATAR.

Here's the deal: for $35 an hour, or $60 for two hours, I'll provide feedback on written and oral assignments, I'll help lead you towards a deeper understanding of your set texts, and I'll set small but high energy tasks that build up to greater essay and creative writing compositional skills. For $50 a draft, I'll edit an Extension 2 major work, and for $25 a draft, any Extension 1 essay or creative writing piece. For a group, a price of $25 a student per hour applies. For Drama, $50 per draft of a major work or $35 an hour for general tuition.

All prices negotiable: education of the highest calibre, at a price you can afford. Contact me now at hamishjwood@gmail.com and enhance your education today!

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: English, Drama Tutor - D average, University of Sydney, published writer & dramat

A white person at Girra tho? Dayum

Hamish_USYD

HSC
Re: English, Drama Tutor - D average, University of Sydney, published writer & dramat

Confirmed Sole; pls what have you written since you're a "published writer"
Here's an incomplete list:
http://fatcityreview.com/for-delilah-you-said-my-room-is-messy-but-it-could-be-worse-hamish-wood/
http://fatcityreview.com/never-mine-gone-now-hamish-wood/
http://www.thesquawkback.com/2013/12/reincarnation.html
http://usuonline.com/palm/rego/uploads/2946_2013913.pdf (winner, 2013 Verge Award's poetry people's choice award)
"We Shall See Face To Face" - Hermes, Elements, 2013.
Short scene for "SNARK", Sydney Uni Dramatic Society collaborative piece.

Pieces not online will be made available via email inquiry to potential students if desired.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC

BUMP for not Davidson Sole

bosanon95

HSC
N/A

Bump for someone qualified but charge at reasonable prices

Hamish_USYD

HSC

BUMP: now taking on students pre-trials! Prices still negotiable. Also interested in any prelim/younger students.

Qualification update as well: received the Sydney Scholars Award in 2015, still sitting on le D average. Party time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)