English Essay marking (1 Viewer)

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey there!

Is there a chance I can get in contact with someone who has scored well in their HSC English advanced examination (band 6 and above), or even a HSC marker, who would be willing to mark my base essays for me?

The texts I've studied are as follows:
- Common Module: The Crucible by Arthur Miller
- Module A: King Richard III by William Shakespeare, and Looking for Richard by Al Pacino
- Module B: Emma by Jane Austen

I'd like someone to mark them for me as I want to get non bias, realistic feedback and results.

It would be much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

-Sana-

HSC
Hi QueenB_3,

I am not a HSC marker or somebody who has completed the HSC yet, but I too have done the same exact texts as you for each module!

I was wishing to ask about your study technique for Module B as one text is a docudrama whilst the other is the play and I am having a hard time linking the assonances and dissonances of each text due to them being different. Also, do you recommend doing past HSC papers or trial questions?

Thankyou in advance!

Sana

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi QueenB_3,

I am not a HSC marker or somebody who has completed the HSC yet, but I too have done the same exact texts as you for each module!

I was wishing to ask about your study technique for Module B as one text is a docudrama whilst the other is the play and I am having a hard time linking the assonances and dissonances of each text due to them being different. Also, do you recommend doing past HSC papers or trial questions?

Thankyou in advance!

Sana
Hey Sana,

That's cool! : )

In regards to Module A, I like to link my resonances and dissonances in the following way. So say I'm talking about gender roles, I'll make my topic sentence clear which addresses both texts. Then I'll talk about how Shakespeare discusses about gender roles in his play, and that would generally be a paragraph. In my next paragraph, I'll say, On the other hand, Al Pacino explores gender roles in a comparative way, highlighting a dissonance within both texts, and then elaborate on how Al Pacino portrays dissonances within his play and so forth. And then I'll do the same thing for a value which is similar across both texts. For example, pursuit of power. I'll link them through mentioning that this specific value forms a resonance in both texts through the ways both composers highlight it. So that's the way in which I discuss my resonances and dissonances because I find that I'll be able to discuss them more concisely rather than getting myself confused.

On the other hand, you can also discuss your resonances and dissonances interchangeably within a particular value. For example, if you're discussing gender roles, you can say both Shakespeare and Al Pacino explore them similarly and then explain how and elaborate on your point etc. And then you can say how although Al Pacino explores this aspect similarly, he does explore it differently through some aspects as seen through...…etc.

It's truly up to you, and they way you're comfortable formulating your response. There's no right or wrong in the way you choose to discuss your answer. After all, it's how well you can get your points across to the marker.

My advice is that you should do HSC papers rather than trials as you'll be exposed to the style of questions.

All the best!

-Sana-

HSC
Hey Sana,

That's cool! : )

In regards to Module A, I like to link my resonances and dissonances in the following way. So say I'm talking about gender roles, I'll make my topic sentence clear which addresses both texts. Then I'll talk about how Shakespeare discusses about gender roles in his play, and that would generally be a paragraph. In my next paragraph, I'll say, On the other hand, Al Pacino explores gender roles in a comparative way, highlighting a dissonance within both texts, and then elaborate on how Al Pacino portrays dissonances within his play and so forth. And then I'll do the same thing for a value which is similar across both texts. For example, pursuit of power. I'll link them through mentioning that this specific value forms a resonance in both texts through the ways both composers highlight it. So that's the way in which I discuss my resonances and dissonances because I find that I'll be able to discuss them more concisely rather than getting myself confused.

On the other hand, you can also discuss your resonances and dissonances interchangeably within a particular value. For example, if you're discussing gender roles, you can say both Shakespeare and Al Pacino explore them similarly and then explain how and elaborate on your point etc. And then you can say how although Al Pacino explores this aspect similarly, he does explore it differently through some aspects as seen through...…etc.

It's truly up to you, and they way you're comfortable formulating your response. There's no right or wrong in the way you choose to discuss your answer. After all, it's how well you can get your points across to the marker.

My advice is that you should do HSC papers rather than trials as you'll be exposed to the style of questions.

All the best!
Your quick and detailed response is sincerely appreciated.

Thankyou very much for the explanation, it really makes things more clear.

Wishing you success in your upcoming exams!

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
Your quick and detailed response is sincerely appreciated.

Thankyou very much for the explanation, it really makes things more clear.

Wishing you success in your upcoming exams!
No worries, and anytime!

Thank you, and the same to you too!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)