English Ext 1 (1 Viewer)

astro

HSC
i heard RTFG is harder than most of the other ext eng topics...

didge_ridoo

Yeah we are doing Retreat from the Global as well

It actually sounds interesting (seeing I find crime fiction boring)

tamsey bamsey

and now we celebrate
HSC
astro said:
Everyone seems to be doing crime fiction or revenge tragedy. Are there any 'Individual and Society' people at all....
Yeah, I'm doing the individual and society... my prescribed texts are ok... the Doll's house, Browning Selected Poems and pride and the prejudice:the movie... how exciting *she sarcastically moans*

astro

HSC
tamsey bamsey said:
Yeah, I'm doing the individual and society... my prescribed texts are ok... the Doll's house, Browning Selected Poems and pride and the prejudice:the movie... how exciting *she sarcastically moans*

yeah, i'm doing browning...
wish i was doing pride and prejudice - i just love that movie

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Slide Rule said:
WHY IS EVERYBODY DOING CRIME FIC?

My teacher said she wanted to do it because it is "safe" (that is: she ahd done it for the past 4 or so years) but this year the class decided to do speculative fiction, which is good, since I don't like crime fiction.

Our texts are Dune, Handmaiden's Tale, et cetera.
OMG, I hate you. I love those books. Dune is my idol.

*cough*

We're doing 19th Centuary Fiction (well, actually, change of paradigms in the 19thC as portrayed in texts), and our prescribed texts include George Eliot's Middlemarch; selected poems by Robert Browning and Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House. But we were advised to read wisely, and indeed have to use an outside text in a december assessment, so i'm also reading (joy): Herman Melville's Moby-Dick; Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment; Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South; Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Grey.

Oh! And Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species and Descent of Man.

I'm going to be reading for a loooong time...

KarmaKitten

HSC
Kwayera said:
OMG, I hate you. I love those books. Dune is my idol.

*cough*

We're doing 19th Centuary Fiction (well, actually, change of paradigms in the 19thC as portrayed in texts), and our prescribed texts include George Eliot's Middlemarch; selected poems by Robert Browning and Henrik Ibsen's A Doll's House. But we were advised to read wisely, and indeed have to use an outside text in a december assessment, so i'm also reading (joy): Herman Melville's Moby-Dick; Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment; Elizabeth Gaskell's North and South; Leo Tolstoy's Anna Karenina and Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Grey.

Oh! And Charles Darwin's On the Origin of Species and Descent of Man.

I'm going to be reading for a loooong time...

you're signature is funny, girl04 actually said that to you?
ha, idiotic.

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
we are doing spec, fiction the text seem good, but we have to watch and analyse lord of the rings that is going 2 seriously suck

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
^ no

btw im doing like revenge tradgey text is midea

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
KarmaKitten said:
you're signature is funny, girl04 actually said that to you?
ha, idiotic.
She sure did, and a lot more. She even started a Who Hates Kwayera? poll/thread and made multiple accounts to have a vendetta against me. It was really quite amusing.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Hmm. Liberal, atheist... you're good enough in my books.

lord chumpley

HSC
we're doing retreat from the global as well, i'm not exactly sure what the global is but i guess we'll find out... the only text i know that we're doing is the shipping news. i was thinking about the text that we have to choose...has anyone seen the german movie "goodbye lenin"?? do you think that fits into the "retreat from the global " topic?!!

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Texts and Ways of thinking - Individual in society (what Kwayera is doing) is the BEST elective. I love it, and yes those books will take you FOREVER to read! :p... but it is well worth it!

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Texts and Ways of thinking - Individual in society (what Kwayera is doing) is the BEST elective. I love it, and yes those books will take you FOREVER to read! :p... but it is well worth it!
I know! I dread the thought! Okay, no, I love reading, ti just seems to take me a lot longer these days. :\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)