English Ext vs History Ext? (1 Viewer)

fifteenstep

HSC
In year 11, just wondering what kind of workload and content each course includes?
I've already got two major works so I'm double minded about History Ext but I think theres a possibility I will enjoy it more?

astroe

HSC
I do both, and it's a pretty okayish combo.
So, why not both? :)

You can drop one or the other or both if you don't like them, well provided you have adequate units.

icola

HSC
In year 11, just wondering what kind of workload and content each course includes?
They're actually both a lot of work for 1 unit subjects. History ext is quite different to ancient/modern history in terms of the content, while I think english ext is the same basic principles in advanced, just more in depth.
I prefer english ext but I guess it's just up to you in the end :)

Borbor

HSC
Ext1 english of course!

All you have to do for HSC is one creative + essay

and plus if you stuff up your advanced english your 3u english will count for half of the mandatory english requirement

edit: just read you only do 10 units so ignore what I said.

0hNivlek

HSC
You have to do this major project for history extension. The course is quite enjoyable and it's like doing 2 units condensed into one. Lot's of reading and analysis of historical issues/debates etc...

Extension English depends on what module i guess. We're doing Module A: Genre - Crime Writing. Which is quite interesting heh.

mbirdman

HSC
Look at your report card and then find out how well you did in 'normal english' and 'normal history'. Go with the highest one. :p

ange aimable

HSC
Are you talking about english ext 1 or 2? I'm doing both and I actually finish ee2 on Fri :bomb:. E1 is a lot of work for a one unit subject - you have assignments and exams, and for some reason it's often neglected (I wish e1 was the one with the major work instead!). I heard it's the same for Ext History, except instead of the assignments, you have a major work. I chose english ext 2 over ext history, because, even though I love both English and History, the E2 course only required a major work. However, it's a very big major work and takes a lot of effort, but it's definitely worth it - you get really attached to your work!

You can always start with both and see which one you like: I had a couple of friends who did this and they dropped one or the other or even both, but it really depends on your tastes. Talk to your teachers for more info!

Good luck with your choices! :)

caringperson

HSC
history extension is awesome! my friend aquawhite was going to do it, but then he decided against it and also chose not to do accelerated maths. i thought he made the right choice.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I say go ext history, but that's cos I hate english. If you can fit it units wise, try both. I'm sure the school will let you drop one or both if you want to.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
They're both extensions. Both English and History Ext. will have a lot of work for a 1U subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)