English is a waste of life. (2 Viewers)

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
Forbidden. said:
fuck english.
it ruined the beauty of texts with in-depth analysis of techniques and so on.
you're my idol *worship*. lol

ital101

HSC
d3vilz said:
you're my idol *worship*. lol
Oh fuck. Get your heads screwed on guys. English is very relevant. As to that guy who wished to know what job required 'Excellent Module C Essay Writer' on the resume, well anything in Creative Arts: English teacher, journalist, publicist, author and so on. Anyhow, don't be a fucking smartarse. :D

Guys, English is not a waste of life. This thread is a waste of time when you could have been studying for it or enjoying a good book. So stop making fucking pointless threads that I feel ashamed to post in, OP! Oh Jesus now I'm going to called a nerd probably. Whatever. Let's just get on with living our language-orientated lives. :read: Oh yes. I like to read...do you?

autumbabe1991

HSC
ital101 said:
Oh fuck. Get your heads screwed on guys. English is very relevant. As to that guy who wished to know what job required 'Excellent Module C Essay Writer' on the resume, well anything in Creative Arts: English teacher, journalist, publicist, author and so on. Anyhow, don't be a fucking smartarse. :D

Guys, English is not a waste of life. This thread is a waste of time when you could have been studying for it or enjoying a good book. So stop making fucking pointless threads that I feel ashamed to post in, OP! Oh Jesus now I'm going to called a nerd probably. Whatever. Let's just get on with living our language-orientated lives. :read: Oh yes. I like to read...do you?

just becasue some of us believe english is a waste doesnt mean we dont appreciate the language or shy away from reading a good book...

cooklyfire

HSC
I found this thread quite amusing at certain replies.
However, I must stress the importance of English in the Australian social sphere when seeking employment. It may not be obvious, but constructing essays effectively, augments your ability to communicate efficiently and analysis skills.

Efficient communication is vital in the field of:

Education, Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, Commerce, Science, LITERACY, actuary studies, hospitality ... the list is endless!

But when it comes down to English students; how well you do, is dependent on how much work you put in.

I found cycle very interesting:

You Like It -> You Do It -> You Do Well ... Hence, You Like it.

However,

You Hate It -> You Don't do It -> You Do Poorly ... Hence, You Hate It.

Good luck

dp624

HSC
You were crap at it -> You Hate It -> You Don't do It -> You Do Poorly -> You realise you need to do well at it -> You try harder -> You get good at it -> You start to like it, sorta

That was my cycle.

HSC
lol I just dropped adv eng for std eng and then I actually started to like english! :haha: The texts for std eng was soooooo much interesting than the ones in advance ---> hence me enjoying it ----> doing good at it ----> getting a good mark for it -----> scaled up my UAI.

And I agree with that person who said English is vital for communication :wave:

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Re: Anyone else hate English as much as me?

sonyaleeisapixi said:
English is the only subject I'm never stressed over.
And the English classroom we have is the warmest because it get the most sun all day, and has nifty views of the harbour.

So, english is win, mostly.
English is in some ways a waste of time, and i would much rather do 2 units of some other subject. It's sooo hard to get motivated to do english because it is soooo boring, and then i just end up getting backed up with assignments, but if nothing else i have only one year of english torture left and then im free, never to read any useless rubbish i dnt want to.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
There is far too much bias on this website to have an intelligent conversation about this issue.

However one can not disregard the fact that English is our national language. The English syllabus incorporates many important elements such as speech delivery, writing essays and critical responses which will assist anyone going into journalism or any sort of writing career.

If English is such a waste of life, then leave the country! Honestly I'm sick of the attitude of some of the people on here. It's pathetic that people complain about it, it's not changing in a hurry.

dp624

HSC
Sarah182 said:
There is far too much bias on this website to have an intelligent conversation about this issue.

However one can not disregard the fact that English is our national language. The English syllabus incorporates many important elements such as speech delivery, writing essays and critical responses which will assist anyone going into journalism or any sort of writing career.

If English is such a waste of life, then leave the country! Honestly I'm sick of the attitude of some of the people on here. It's pathetic that people complain about it, it's not changing in a hurry.
So what if we don't want to do journalism or some writing career?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
scaredytiger said:
you will still need to converse fluently in interviews, and also write fluently in university assignments.

[/thread]
What if we learned to do that in years 7-10?

georgefren

HSC
An analysis of basic composition techniques is essentual in deconstructing almost anything you read, watch ect. It's a neccessary part of being an informed citizen.

HSC
kaz1 said:
What if we learned to do that in years 7-10?
Many people don't.

And my god, if you find it worthy to complain about having 200 compulsory hours of cultural and literary study of the language of the country you live in, and being tested on this, you must have a pretty hard life.

dp624

HSC
scaredytiger said:
you will still need to converse fluently in interviews, and also write fluently in university assignments.

[/thread]
people can do that regardless without needing awesome english skills.

i performed well in every interview i did (that i have been notified of)
so *shrug*

HSC
dp624 said:
people can do that regardless without needing awesome english skills.

i performed well in every interview i did (that i have been notified of)
so *shrug*
English refines these skills. There is no question that some people present themselves well regardless, but it helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)