English Paper 1 - Thoughts (1 Viewer)

HSC
Someone answer my question

Is enjabment okay for the mango poem
Yeah well I used it. I guess it depends on how you were using it, like, what meaning you said it conveyed.
I talked about how it was used to create a sense of frantic, childish playfulness which resonates with the opening line of "eight years old"
It's a two marker anyway so you'd probably get away with anything unless you wrote something completely nonsensical.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Someone answer my question

Is enjabment okay for the mango poem
Should be since it was a very obvious technique

Also they get your mark 105 then scale it to 100 then scale each text then you have your weighted mark

HitoKage13

HSC
I used 2 techniques for the first text. Enjambment to show the excitedness of the narrator and sensory imagery of the "taste of the mango and squeeze of the cheek" for the delight of experiencing it for the first time

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I used 2 techniques for the first text. Enjambment to show the excitedness of the narrator and sensory imagery of the "taste of the mango and squeeze of the cheek" for the delight of experiencing it for the first time
Same techniques here but didn't put an example for enjambment I just said throughout the poem is that okay?

HSC
Yeah pretty sure that's almost exactly what i did lmao

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
The poem wasn't bad but the fact I used it for the 6 marker made it sound bs... "the unexpected taste of the mangoes" hahaha

HitoKage13

HSC
I did texts 2 and 3, how the unexpected nature of reading literature can enlighten individuals and like how future civilisations can find meaning in the landscape of the third text. I wrote rly fast and finished section 1 and 3 in an hour so I had an hour for my creative. Esp since it's my weakest, felt rly good.

HSC
The poem wasn't bad but the fact I used it for the 6 marker made it sound bs... "the unexpected taste of the mangoes" hahaha
Oh hey I used it for the 6-marker too... mainly because I hated the one about the bookshop. But yeah I said some bs about how the establishment of a child narrator/persona and emphasis on the meaningfulness of friendship (yeah the boys) positions the audience to perceive the discovery of all the
other stuff (taste of mangoes, birthday) as new and therefore immediately meaningful.

I thought it was pretty solid, ended up making a 2 page response, with stuff about the soccer field and spiritual imagery and all that. Honestly I thought that was an easy Section 1 compared to like, 2016.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Oh hey I used it for the 6-marker too... mainly because I hated the one about the bookshop. But yeah I said some bs about how the establishment of a child narrator/persona and emphasis on the meaningfulness of friendship (yeah the boys) positions the audience to perceive the discovery of all the
other stuff (taste of mangoes, birthday) as new and therefore immediately meaningful.

I thought it was pretty solid, ended up making a 2 page response, with stuff about the soccer field and spiritual imagery and all that. Honestly I thought that was an easy Section 1 compared to like, 2016.
Oh haha I said the unexpected taste of the mangoes through enjambment and the audience's unexpected discovery that it is his birthday tomorrow through the sudden pathetic fallacy of "clouds break". Text 3 was even more bs so overall I put in 8 techniques for the 6 marker cause I was writing bs so had to add more to cover it up haha

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon some of the band 1 answers are going to be really good this year, pity I'm not an english teacher marking it :p

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Could've chucked in personification -> squeezed the cheek.

Eluate

HSC
Copy and paste that as a URL

Your welcome
You're* rip english

In the end, Paper 1 wasn't that bad for me.
Wrote 7 pages for the creative and 6 for the essay, but got caught out in the short answer and only wrote 4 (finished all the questions though).

Last edited:
HSC
That URL thing that got posted didn't work for me, even when I removed the spaces. Anyone else try it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)