English tutor (yes, another one) (1 Viewer)

case88

HSC
Hey guys, i know there are heaps of tutors available in this forum already, but I noticed that English tutors are scarce, and the really good ones (eg. bobness) are actually filling up. So i figured i might as well extend a helping hand if anyone wanted it. I did my HSC in 2006 and here're my creds:
Eng Adv: 99/100 (second in the state)
Eng ext: 48/50
Eng ext 2: 47/50 (although i'm not really offering tutoring for this course; i'm willing to provide guidance, but there are decidedly better mentors than me out there). I can also help out with Ancient History (99/100), including sharing my notes, but i'm not offering separate tutoring for History.

I'm located in Wentworthville (two stops down from parramatta) and am only able to travel to a limited extent. Students willing to come to my house would get preference, of course, but i can meet up with others at Parramatta and wentworthville libraries.

I charge $20/hr for one-on-one lessons, but I'd prefer group classes of around 2 to 3 students. Group classes are $15/hr.

Well, msg back, pm me or contact me at kunal88@msn.com if you're interested. Good luck nonetheless!

Last edited:

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
case88 said:
Hey guys, i know there are heaps of tutors available in this forum already, but I noticed that English tutors are scarce, and the really good ones (eg. bobness) are actually filling up.

etc etc, Read the rest guyz.
Thanks for the props man, very appreciated. Judging solely just on your marks i believe you'd rip up tutoring too :eek:

Btw i noticed you live in my area :) We should like monopolise tuition in our local area lol and i wasn't being sarcastic when i said that. Demonstrate the west, yo. They say stereotypes are derived from archetypal theory propounded by Frye anyway, so the fact that it is embedded into human consciousness only furthers the challenge, amirite?

Oh well all the best, are you another curry in my area ahaha (i love the food you guys bring to my local church :uhhuh:)

p.s. as we are from wenty 4 lyf you are now required to bump thine own sewing material. kthnx

Last edited:

case88

HSC
Bobness said:
Thanks for the props man, very appreciated. Judging solely just on your marks i believe you'd rip up tutoring too :eek:

Btw i noticed you live in my area :) We should like monopolise tuition in our local area lol and i wasn't being sarcastic when i said that. Demonstrate the west, yo. They say stereotypes are derived from archetypal theory propounded by Frye anyway, so the fact that it is embedded into human consciousness only furthers the challenge, amirite?

Oh well all the best, are you another curry in my area ahaha (i love the food you guys bring to my local church :uhhuh:)

p.s. as we are from wenty 4 lyf you are now required to bump thine own sewing material. kthnx
Well, course you're already owning the wenty area so i'd be happy to get SOMEONE (who possibly has been overlooked by you, or has overlooked you).

Yes, I am another curry in your area, but am not very religious, so don't know which church you're talking about. Although I will gladly accept the complement about the good food. :)

Didnt really get the reference regarding stereotypes but it sounded flash, so, yeah... i agree.

C ya

case88

HSC
Haha, yeah, ext 2 was never my best subject (although it was my favourite). I don't think I ever really understood what that damn course wanted from me. But, yeah, well done! You've just made it to my "must find and kill - i mean, congratulate - list."

koe1988

HSC
you willing to travel to homebush or maybe statelibrary at martin place city

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
OMG!

Hi Koony!

This guy is an absolute GUN! I DEFINATELY recommend him.

- GHS Pride -

case88

HSC
koe,
Homebush isn't too far away, but i'd have to change trains, so it's a hassle. If you could come up to parramatta, I'd be happy to meet up with you.

If it must be homebush, I can give you infrequent lessons (like, once every few weeks) to provide you with a firm basis for each module as well as some exam techniques/practice... but i can't commit to regular lessons. I just don't think i'll be able to fit it in with everything else.

case88

HSC
Haha, hey jono, thanks for the thumbs up.
How're ya? Are you coming to school tomorrow?

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
good thanks mate, and yep.. i sure am :)

why didn't u mention that u got Dux of Girraween Selective High School and why didn't u tell them ur UAI? lol... that will get the students lining up to be tutored by ya mate ;)

case88

HSC
lol, well i was hoping you'd come along and do that for me... and you did, so thanks for that. Hopefully, this'll get more people interested, even if it's just to find out my UAI =D

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
So, what was your UAI? :p Those are some fantastic marks. Looks like you're doing an account cadetship from your posts, yes? Congratulations on those mad Eng marks though...*jaw to ground*

case88

HSC
Hey, thanks lala2. And yes, well deduced - I'm doing an accounting cadetship (although it's a bit more law related... or at least I'd like it to be.) I don't know when my dreams of doing arts at uni got lost along the way, but *shrugs* I can always do another degree.

Last edited:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
oi! you didn't answer the first part of her question.

so I think I will for you----> 99.95 :D

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
I can only say,,

WHY DIDN'T YOU ENGLISH CRAZY PPL DID UR HSC IN 2005?!

My english mark suffered becoz I cant find an english tutor (& that I suck)

case88

HSC
Haha, sorry:bomb:
but i'm sure there would've been lotsa people in the 2005 cohort who would've done well and were probably availabe for tutoring?

and jee thanks jono, i was tryna keep a bit of mystery going. people were actually pm'ing me to ask my UAI lol... although i don't know how that would've helped me on the tutoring front. so i guess it really doesnt matter. btw, how's uni going? having fun doing... *shudders* advanced science?
c ya

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
Won't you be very busy doing an accounting cadetship with tuition :p?

I'm finding it a trial already. But obviously english people such as lotofsex, curry88 and hardgayness are awsm.

That is all.

And bump :eek:

case88

HSC
Yeh, that's why I'm really fussy about the travel. I'm pretty much only taking people who can come to my house, or are available around the parramatta area (well, I don't care where they live, as long as they come to wenty/parra). Consequently, I've got a pretty small bunch of tutees; so it's not too hard to manage.
And the cadetship is just for the experience... cos i've never worked before. I don't necessarily want to pursue a career in commerce.
And, so...yeah...

Last edited:

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey for the advanced course what texts did you study
and what elective for the ext 1 eng course

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)