English tutor (yes, another one) (1 Viewer)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
case88 said:
Haha, sorry:bomb:
but i'm sure there would've been lotsa people in the 2005 cohort who would've done well and were probably availabe for tutoring?

and jee thanks jono, i was tryna keep a bit of mystery going. people were actually pm'ing me to ask my UAI lol... although i don't know how that would've helped me on the tutoring front. so i guess it really doesnt matter. btw, how's uni going? having fun doing... *shudders* advanced science?
c ya
my apologies :(

but now everyone can truly worship your awesomeness..

ive only had two lectures so far. maths (where i do the most basic possible and hence was being taught stem and leaf graphs yesterday) and chemistry (where the lecturer thought to entice us by exploding a ball of hydrogen. fun.

case88

HSC
Hey eyetalian, I did:
Advanced: Imaginative Journeys (The Tempest, by Shakespeare)
In the Wild (BNW/BR)
Poetry (Yeats)
Telling the truth (Frontline)
Extension One: Genre (Crime Fiction)

case88

HSC
lol, yeh, she's alrite. Bit scary at times, tho. And often self-contradictory. But her material's good. Btw, I have no idea who you are? I'm coming to school in a few days to donate some books to the library (yeh, I'm so kindly, I know). Maybe I'll see you =D

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
lol, you don't know me. Only reason i know you is every 3rd-4th lesson she mentions you. Even before the 99 HSC mark she was saying how you lost only 3 marks in the trial.

case88

HSC
Yeh, that was a bit of a shock to her... i don't know why =P
Especially cos the second highest mark was around 5 marks lower

However, I remember her saying once that there were a few people in your class who were well on their way to achieving state rankings this year... so I guess my fame at girra will be short-lived lol

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Doubt it.

The one guy she was probably talking about is nothing compared to how good Ms turk made you out to be

case88

HSC
Lol, serious? I guess she overdoes it to motivate you guys to do better.

Hm, I miss English, and I actually sorta miss school... which is something I never thought would happen

RioTinto

HSC
N/A
Hi I am trying to get in contact with you regarding tutoring for my daughters (yr9 & yr11) in South Wentworthville. Sent you an email r u interested.:read:

case88 said:
Hey guys, i know there are heaps of tutors available in this forum already, but I noticed that English tutors are scarce, and the really good ones (eg. bobness) are actually filling up. So i figured i might as well extend a helping hand if anyone wanted it. I did my HSC in 2006 and here're my creds:
Eng Adv: 99/100 (second in the state)
Eng ext: 48/50
Eng ext 2: 47/50 (although i'm not really offering tutoring for this course; i'm willing to provide guidance, but there are decidedly better mentors than me out there). I can also help out with Ancient History (99/100), including sharing my notes, but i'm not offering separate tutoring for History.

I'm located in Wentworthville (two stops down from parramatta) and am only able to travel to a limited extent. Students willing to come to my house would get preference, of course, but i can meet up with others at Parramatta and wentworthville libraries.

I charge $20/hr for one-on-one lessons, but I'd prefer group classes of around 2 to 3 students. Group classes are $15/hr.

Well, msg back, pm me or contact me at kunal88@msn.com if you're interested. Good luck nonetheless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)