Enrollment (1 Viewer)

jelabay

HSC
Will there be signs around Macquarie that tells us where to go?
And is it customary to bring your parents?

zaqwerty

HSC
When I enrolled last year it was pretty easy to figure out where to go and in what order. Plus there's plenty of people to ask.

I didn't see many parents... But I'd bring a friend along or it might get boring, particularly if there's any lines to wait in?

jelabay

HSC
hehe, ok, i won't bring my parents.

how about friends?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
even better: go with the friend whose doing the EXACT SAME COURSE AS YOU! lol (i know that doesntapply to most ppl)

but yeh, go for it

HSC
N/A
I brought my daddy with me to enrollment :) Whoever your support is, you want them to be 'supportive' and respectful of your decisions as an adult. Be honest with yourselves, not all parents fit this bill.

Bringing relatives to enrollment day might be a bit like bringing parents to the day when you're filling out the list of subjects you'll study for the HSC. It's not really neccessary. If you need a bit of personal moral support, that's fine - but when that 'support' is a hinderance in any way then they are far better left at home. You do NOT want someone who will rip your proposed timetable out of your hands and 'decide what's best for you', nor do you want someone who is going to argue with the academic advisor or any other member of university staff in the event the classes you wanted are full, or you don't meet some of the prerequisites for some of the units you want to study, or whatever. (NB many of these 'problems' are easily avoided with pre-enrollment preparation. If you rock up to uni with a proposed timetable form already completed and 'legit' as far as handbook and timetable goes, your chances of a speedy enrollment go way up)

The goal of your enrollment day will be to arrive as prepared as possible, and get yourself enrolled as smoothly as possible. Any problems you come across should be dealt with as calmly as possible - otherwise it just becomes a big fat stressful mess for everyone involved. Not a very nice way to start uni!

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
haha i mean 11 for academic advising... i don't think i'll go to enrollment prep
Takes me too freaking long too get there, im gonna make the most of my time. my academic advising is at 1.

Hey if i have to submit my commonwealth assistance form in person with my certificate of application for a TFN, would i have to do this before academic advising?

HSC
Takes me too freaking long too get there, im gonna make the most of my time. my academic advising is at 1.

Hey if i have to submit my commonwealth assistance form in person with my certificate of application for a TFN, would i have to do this before academic advising?
ah i see

in regards to the ecaf:

When do I need to submit my eCAF?
  • Commonwealth supported - you must complete an eCAF as soon as possible after you have been offered a place in the course and have decided that you are going to accept this offer. Please complete an eCAF before you are admitted into your course to ensure your enrolment is not delayed.

If you intend to take out a HECS-HELP loan you will need your Tax File Number. If you intend to pay up-front you do not need your Tax file Number.

source: eStudent eCAF FAQ

jelabay

HSC
it says we have to pay fees?
how do we know how much money to bring?

and are we getting our photo taken as well?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
it says we have to pay fees?
how do we know how much money to bring?

and are we getting our photo taken as well?
dont have to pay any fees on the day

if your a CSP, its HECS so you dont need to worry about it for now

if you wanna pay upfront to get 20% off, u have till 20th feb to pay it, so u dont have to bring any money, really :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)