Enrolment Basket - Commerce/Adv Math (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Don't know, you'll have to ask. I'm not in the TSP.

Lumix

HSC
Okay, so for the courses I have currently put down
ACCT1501
ECON1101
SCIF1121
MATH1151

Are those the only courses I need to put in?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Okay, so for the courses I have currently put down
ACCT1501
ECON1101
SCIF1121
MATH1151

Are those the only courses I need to put in?
Yes, because you only need to do 4 courses per semester.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
From what I read, you get 'invited'. Personally, I think it involves getting an email from them with an offer for that major, or if you go up to the School of Maths and Stats and ask nicely and you have good maths marks, they'll "invite" you there.

adz1098

HSC
From what I read, you get 'invited'. Personally, I think it involves getting an email from them with an offer for that major, or if you go up to the School of Maths and Stats and ask nicely and you have good maths marks, they'll "invite" you there.
Is it based off your uni marks or high school marks?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Is it based off your uni marks or high school marks?
High school marks, obviously. If you want to 'transfer into' that major... then uni marks will be taken into account, I'd imagine.

adz1098

HSC
High school marks, obviously. If you want to 'transfer into' that major... then uni marks will be taken into account, I'd imagine.
If i Dont get accepted can I still become an Actuary and Is their any point still of doing the ADv maths course along with the commerce course or should I go to maquarie /Just do commerce/economics.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If i Dont get accepted can I still become an Actuary and Is their any point still of doing the ADv maths course along with the commerce course or should I go to maquarie /Just do commerce/economics.
Yes, you can be an actuary because Actuaries require the Actuarial Commerce major - no Quant. Risk major.

And there is still point in doing Maths if you want to do maths, because Actuarial maths is maths with finance, and is not actual mathematics by itself.

zhiying

HSC
Just a question it says to get the comm bachelor we also need to do MGMT1001, is it the same if I do that first semester instead of SCIF? The handbook said we just have to do SCIF in the 1st year.

Also because I want to do actuarial so I might drop advance math, so I'm thinking that I should put SCIF in second semester so I don't waste studying it in case I feel like dropping after 1st semester

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
You have to do SCIF in the first semester. It's only offered in semester 1.

zhiying

HSC
Oh okay...hmm well I don't really feel like doing advance math. Do you know the process to move to Bsci and major in math or something else?

UNSW just told me you can anytime on the phone.

zhiying

HSC
Also, does this mean we complete MGMT1001 or another comm core in 2nd semester instead?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)