enrolment tomorow what 2 bring (1 Viewer)

HSC
i didn't get a diary either - although i'm not worried about that (i can get that later).

the thing i am worried about is that the only thing i went to was the lecture!
hmm, what theatre were you in kabbasi? maybe it's different for the one i was in, because as far as i know, i'm meant to bring my proposed program form next monday when academic advising is held. i wasn't told anything about enrolling.

have you guys already been to pre-enrollment and academic advising on two separate days?

Kabbasi

HSC
chocolatecookie said:
i didn't get a diary either - although i'm not worried about that (i can get that later).

the thing i am worried about is that the only thing i went to was the lecture!
hmm, what theatre were you in kabbasi? maybe it's different for the one i was in, because as far as i know, i'm meant to bring my proposed program form next monday when academic advising is held. i wasn't told anything about enrolling.

have you guys already been to pre-enrollment and academic advising on two separate days?
How can you not be worried about the diary?!?!?

I was in the Mason theatre I think. The guy talked for an hour about enrolling, then someone checked my timetable and said "Okay". Then you go to another room and some tech savvy student does something on a computer and you place your next years of study in their hands. But you can enroll in your subjects on the Monday when you go or you can go home and do it then. I'm trying it now - word to the wise, if you have a slow Internet, then don't enroll online on that computer.

I guess it depends on what you're studying. I'm doing App. Finance and Law, so it's different days for each studier.

HSC
oh okay. my lecturer was a woman, so i guess yours was at a different time.
no one checked any timetable etc for ours, so yeah, i guess it is different for some degrees etc.

williamc

HSC
^ yer because you arnt doing an EFS degree.

I had some bloke. Decent character. Would make some of those boring subjects somewhat interesting if you had him. The one with the portable mic.

antisheep

HSC
So relieved to be finished!

It wasn't too bad actually, there were basically no queues and so long as you're prepared it's really easy to maneouver....

I looked for the diaries... someone told me it would be in front of the sam/u@mq building... i went there and couldn't see anything! Oh well, i have to drop by later this week anyways so will organise it then.

Where did you guys get yours?

williamc

HSC
Kabbasi said:
I went today. You don't need to bring anything except for your proposed timetable and the knowledge of what course you're studying. The lecture in the theatre was FASCINATING, then I went and enrolled and that was it. I didn't get a diary, and now I'm angry.

Can someone dashing student please tell me how I can get a diary because I'm going back to the campus to buy my textbooks this week! My life is hopelessly unorganised!

As for Campus Cards, I didn't have my ERA so I couldn't get one. Nice place, though.
sif ur unorganised. Most people wouldnt get their textbooks until week one, bacause that is when they give us the course outlines and tell us what textbooks you will def. need and what are recommended and shizza.

But i might go and do my card and buy some eco book for some reading this week or next.

antisheep said:
So relieved to be finished!

It wasn't too bad actually, there were basically no queues and so long as you're prepared it's really easy to maneouver....

I looked for the diaries... someone told me it would be in front of the sam/u@mq building... i went there and couldn't see anything! Oh well, i have to drop by later this week anyways so will organise it then.

Where did you guys get yours?

Outisde E4a or e7a cant remember. the one where we got accepted into the course. There was a U @ MQ tent.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
williamc said:
sif ur unorganised. Most people wouldnt get their textbooks until week one, bacause that is when they give us the course outlines and tell us what textbooks you will def. need and what are recommended and shizza.

But i might go and do my card and buy some eco book for some reading this week or next.
Some people wouldn't get them at all.:santa:

kevinant

HSC
williamc said:
Outisde E4a or e7a cant remember. the one where we got accepted into the course. There was a U @ MQ tent.
You get the diary Outside E4a (In fact between E4A and E4B) ...My falculty is at E4A which is fairly close to it. There was a U@MQ but it will move to different place tomorroow

antisheep

HSC
Do you reckon I'll be able to just grab a diary at orientation/when semester starts?

Also... is orientation worthwhile? I've done a year of uni elsewhere so i'm not sure if it'll be heaps relevant to me but I wouldn't want to miss something important.

How do you guys know what texts to buy? I don't have access to the student portal yet which means that I don't know which texts I need yet... unless i'm missing something... lol...

sorry for the kajillion questions.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Orientation/Mentor Day?

I'm a bit biased in that I'm a Mentor Leader, but its a great place to just meet other people in your degree, and know the place a bit better.

If nothing else, we also provide free food.

K.

HSC
P_Dilemma said:
Make sure to grab a map so you don't get lost

p__D
as if you need a map. the name of the building is a dead give away as to where it is. plus, they have those new shiny black maps/welcome to mac signs.

HSC
kevinant said:
Just need to bring proposed program form, get advice from professor to decide what subject you wanna do and the "compulsory subjects. Then Organise your timetable and get your program signed by the professor.

You have to complete ECAF form before the enrolment...if u don't then u need to bring Tax File number and They will do it for you.
umm, does anyone know how long we have until we can complete the ECAF form, because I don't have a tax file number yet (i'm applying on friday). do i have to complete the form before monday (enrollment)?
:confused:

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Does anyone know if Macquarie uni have any social club events that is similar to UNSW's ComSoc?, because i wouldn't mind joining it for the events if there is one...

miss-smexy

HSC
Whats eCAF?

antisheep, yup you can get your diary on orientation. I just found out pages in my diary are ripped and I didn't rip them! I want a new one ='(

haha the guy with the portable mic was entertaining... hope I get him as a lecturer... poor "Fred" sitting at the front though... getting picked on lol

Oh and bring photo ID to get your student ID/concession card.

antisheep

HSC
chocolatecookie said:
umm, does anyone know how long we have until we can complete the ECAF form, because I don't have a tax file number yet (i'm applying on friday). do i have to complete the form before monday (enrollment)?
:confused:
I think it says on there that if you have the proof that you've applied for one you can do it later I think... but you should definitely give them a call as I think you can't be admitted into your program until you have it submitted unless you've provided your proof that you have applied...

They check your ecaf and hecs-help status before they admit you.

antisheep

HSC
AsyLum said:
Orientation/Mentor Day?

I'm a bit biased in that I'm a Mentor Leader, but its a great place to just meet other people in your degree, and know the place a bit better.

If nothing else, we also provide free food.
I probably will show up unless my meany boss makes me work... Just will feel a bit awkward as I won't know a single person... all my friends are 2nd years... although I suppose that's the point...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)