Enrolment (1 Viewer)

HSC
I saw this on the USYD Arts website...

Make sure you bring the following to your enrolment day:
  • your letter of offer
  • your tax file number (if accepted to a HECS liable place)
  • credit card, cheque or money order (for payment)
  • your Handbook
  • a pen
  • a 2b pencil (Arts/Social Work students only)
You have to pay already? Can someone please clear this up for me?:confused: :confused:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
If you're paying upfront (i.e. not taking a HECS-HELP loan) or if you're paying a part of your fees upfront, you need to pay as part of the enrolment process at USYD. If you're not, you'll need your Tax File Number to take out the HECS loan.

I_F

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I think that's if you're paying your course fees upfront. If you got a CSP offer you're probably deferring with HECS-HELP and will pay it back later through the tax system, so you don't have to pay anything now. I think.

HSC
But if you do want to pay upfront how exactly are you meant to know how much you are supposed to pay?

Also how exactly are you meant to enrol? It isn't very clear....

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
There's a brochure somewhere about what the HECS contributions are. Try http://www.goingtouni.gov.au/.

To enrol at Sydney:
1. Accept offer at UAC site
2. At http://enrol.usyd.edu.au/, click 'activate' and follow the directions
3. This should eventually get you to information about when and where you enrol (assuming you're enrolling in person, which is the case for most courses).
4. On enrolment day, head to the appropriate place, fill out the forms, pick your subjects (try to know what your subjects will be before you get there) and either apply for HELP or pay your fees upfront.

Last edited:
HSC
What I meant is if you are definitely paying upfront how are you meant to know on the day exactly how much you have to pay?

Oh and the enrolment brochure that came with the UAC offer letter, it was just a congratulations thingie and told you what websites to check out... was that what you guys got too? It was hardly sufficient!

Last edited:

jest

HSC
i think they add up how much your fees are based on what units of stugy you are taking and that's how you find out the total cost.

yeah i'm confused about the whole paying thing too. if i want to pay upfront or at least a part of my fees, can i do it on another day other than on the enrolment day? like a week later or something? and what's the census date? is that the date you have to pay buy?

HSC
yes i'm so confused.:confused:
and the information 'package' we were meant to get does that mean a slip of cardboard? I had a huge bundle pictured in my mind. Did I miss out in something?

jest

HSC
i have a question about the offer letter, does that need to be signed by me even if i already accepted online? i'm not in the country at the moment and i won't be back until after enrolment day. can my proxy sign the offer letter on my behalf?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
yes i'm so confused.:confused:
and the information 'package' we were meant to get does that mean a slip of cardboard? I had a huge bundle pictured in my mind. Did I miss out in something?
What degree are you doing?

Those of us who got an offer to Arts got another letter yesterday about enrolment and the mentoring program, but I have no idea what the other faculties do.

K4

HSC
I got into Arts/Nursing and I never got anything from the arts facility only the original congrats cardboard. UAC told me that you don't need to sign that form and send it in if you acceptance is registered online - but I didn't anyway just to be safe. Just have your someone sign your name and send it off if you are worried. UAC don't know what your signature looks like.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
What I meant is if you are definitely paying upfront how are you meant to know on the day exactly how much you have to pay?

Oh and the enrolment brochure that came with the UAC offer letter, it was just a congratulations thingie and told you what websites to check out... was that what you guys got too? It was hardly sufficient!
An estimation of 2007 costs is available on the USYD site here

jest said:
i have a question about the offer letter, does that need to be signed by me even if i already accepted online? i'm not in the country at the moment and i won't be back until after enrolment day. can my proxy sign the offer letter on my behalf?
It needs to have a signature on it and it needs to be taken to enrolment by your proxy.

Iheartpaulfrank said:
Also how exactly are you meant to enrol? It isn't very clear....
Use this page to find enrolment details for your course, then turn up to the specified building at the specified time to enrol.

I_F

HSC
Triangulum said:
What degree are you doing?

Those of us who got an offer to Arts got another letter yesterday about enrolment and the mentoring program, but I have no idea what the other faculties do.
Oh yes I got that too :eek:

and guys... thankyouthankyouthankyou

One more question... I know the 2007 handbooks are out but I haven't got them yes but it's still ok to refer to the 2006 one for your units of study, right?

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Oh yes I got that too :eek:

and guys... thankyouthankyouthankyou

One more question... I know the 2007 handbooks are out but I haven't got them yes but it's still ok to refer to the 2006 one for your units of study, right?
It *should* be alright, but you can get the 2007 ones online as PDF files here.

I_F

mishyma

HSC
I think the credit cards for a payment of like $130 or something dollers for materials? or something?

its realy comfusing for me too, by arts u mean B Visual Arts rite?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
okay thanks again. hey who's coming on Tuesday to enrol?
I am. Three hours round-trip on a train, hooray!

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
guys, need you help here, i transfered from UNSW
as you guys know, unsw has an auto online process with basically everything.
so what i want to know now ( that i couldnt find on usyd.edu.au) is that how much is student acitivtiy fees now that union is not compulsary? do we have to pay this on enrolment day?

Mel_b

HSC
SRC membership at Sydney is free in 2007, because the SRC struck an awesome deal with the uni. The union Access card is $99, and I'm fairly sure you can buy that anytime, I plan on getting mine during o-week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)