Entry into Undergraduate Medicine - standard non-rural applicants from NSW (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
I'm thinking about two options, undergraduate at UNSW or med-sci at Sydney and postgraduate medicine. Unfortunately, my UMAT was a bit (actually a lot) lower than I was hoping for. Do you think it's possible to get in with an 82nd percentile and a 99+ ATAR? If not a 99+, how high would I have to go to get in?

Edit: Does anyone know if USYD offer entry into the double medicine program for extremely high achieving students during university?
Actually, UNSW offers an alternate entry path: http://med.unsw.edu.au/frequently-asked-questions-local-rural under "Can I gain admission after partly completing or completing another undergraduate degree?" Do you think if I was to get a HD average in first year and an ATAR of ~99, that would be enough for entry? Do I still have to sit the UMAT for this form of entry?
I think USYD offers a dual degree for people who get 99.95 only

go_cadel

HSC
Tbh, you'll struggle to even get an interview with that umat. However, you may have a chance at an interview (second round) with a 99.8+, and then you'll need to ace the interview

go_cadel

HSC
Bump! Updated for 2015 :)

(sorry I can't provide info for non-standards, it's much harder to determine for many unis since you have to factor in GPAs as well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)