Equity Scholarships (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
dang, i want to know what kind of cutoffs there are for continuing students. my uai was only 92.75, but in terms of WAM and GPA I'm above a D average.

for those of you who recieved da equity scholarship from UAC when did u submit your application??, cause i sent mine on da 3rd of jan (closing date 5th), then they sent me a letter a few days after saying that they have recieved it. However 2day i didn't recieve anything from them, does that mean that i have not made it

thanks

asscookie

dork.
HSC
iminlalaland said:
Thanks. Anyway, I think it has nothing to do with UAI/ Uni marks, I think (now don't quote me on this) that it's just how *needy* you are. I'm really needy *crys* haha
If there are one or more applicants share the same sort of disadvantage to the same extent as each other, universities will use their UAI etc to differentiate their ranking.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
misscow said:
for those of you who recieved da equity scholarship from UAC when did u submit your application??, cause i sent mine on da 3rd of jan (closing date 5th), then they sent me a letter a few days after saying that they have recieved it. However 2day i didn't recieve anything from them, does that mean that i have not made it

thanks
I submitted mine late, on the 30th November. I got notification on Friday that it was accepted (from MQ).

asscookie said:
If there are one or more applicants share the same sort of disadvantage to the same extent as each other, universities will use their UAI etc to differentiate their ranking.

my UAI was 79.05 and i had the EAS, is there a chance of me gettin da scholarship???

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
asscookie said:
I submitted mine late, on the 30th November. I got notification on Friday that it was accepted (from MQ).
Did you have anything down besides that you were on YA?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
misscow said:
my UAI was 79.05 and i had the EAS, is there a chance of me gettin da scholarship???
between very slim and slim, unless you were disadvantaged in many categories.

Waf, I think we may have to wait until the continuing students date (Frigay). Fuck, I really need this scholarship so I can go exchange in the USgAy

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Just a question. CECS is for "education costs" and CAS is for "accomodation costs." Do they actually keep track of where the money goes? Because I had already worked out that I was gonna get by without these scholarships--albeit just--so I'm thinking I could just put the money away for other things, such as if I decide to go on exchange in a couple years. Or am I supposed to use them for their intended purpose?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Yes they go through all your purchase records and atm removals...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Well given that you need to be recieving youth allowance which doesn't have conditions what would there be to stop you from saying you used your scholarships for the school stuff and ya for other stuff.

The accommadation is higher because there are (obviously) more costs living away from home then not.

asscookie

dork.
HSC
withoutaface said:
Did you have anything down besides that you were on YA?
Yes, I have a medical condition that greatly affected my performance in the HSC and will continue to affect my performance throughout university. Also, I'm getting the max Independent rate for youth allowance (as I live away from home), so the uni/UAC may have seen that as more favourable than the at-home rates.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Dumsum said:
I was thinking they might ask for that sort of thing... I dunno.
HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! i think he was being sarcastic, silly.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Fucking hell, not feeling confident of this at all, I shoulda done it earlier so I could get a declaration from the doctor and shit, hopefully my high marks will save my arse :/

antwan the swan

HSC
Im spewing eh I think Ive totally missed out cos I havnt had anything sent to me :mad1: . The thing was about this year with CLS was that they kept pushing the closing dates back cos apparently they wern't getting enough applications...so now who knows maybe they are delayed in responses or theyve beeen flooded with late applications meaning more people miss out. Im on the highest youth allowance, single parent on a disability pension, don't receive child support, l have to move out of a regional area to go to uni..... aaargh so pissed off.

Do the uni's themselves have anythign to do with responses?

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
dont they also give out more scholarships next month? ..cause on the Equity booklet it says the main offer round is 23rd, so i assume there's a second round?
oh yea, i dont think unis hav anything to do with the CLS scholarships, cause some unis such as USYD have their own equity scholarships as well.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
I got my notification today, i got one for Newcastle. My UAI was 92.75 as well (someone mentioned that earlier). Im getting $4000 a year, im assuming for the duration of my course (4 years). Im heaps happy :)

has any1 here recieved anything from UTS.

Plz let me know, i am dying here

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)