ERAGON/ inheritance series (1 Viewer)

ShaderZz

HSC
What are peoples feelings about, ^this^ book being used as a related text for belonging ?

Nay
or
YAY

dklingberg

HSC
yeah, although it is an awesome book/series it doesnt really have that much to do with belonging, and even the bits that do are probably too hard to communicate without explaining the whole book in your essay.

Taipan1608

HSC
You could talk about the different ways in which he belongs to the different races, humans, dwarves, elves.
You could also mention religious belonging
Other than that theres not really much to say

rsagar

HSC
Uni Grad
Nay, everyone that's posted above are correct, the inheritance series doesn't explore 'Belonging' as detailed as "Inglesh'
wants you too... Can't believe the teachers are recommending "Picture Books" for your HSC...

HSC
Haven't read it but I personally think the book/series would be too long to analyse...I love Harry Potter, but I wouldn't dare to use it as a related text.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Haven't read it but I personally think the book/series would be too long to analyse...I love Harry Potter, but I wouldn't dare to use it as a related text.
+1. Eragon is great but it doesnt have enough to do about belonging to be used. I can't believe this thread is still going! :D

carpe_diem

HSC
It does explore belonging, as in his identity and as Taipan said, his belonging to dwarves, human etc, but I don't think its up to HSC standard.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Nay, everyone that's posted above are correct, the inheritance series doesn't explore 'Belonging' as detailed as "Inglesh'
wants you too... Can't believe the teachers are recommending "Picture Books" for your HSC...
picture books are brilliant for belonging.
they're designed for small children and a picture book having the theme of belonging is one of the main appeals for a small child to relate to and start reading

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
picture books are brilliant for belonging.
they're designed for small children and a picture book having the theme of belonging is one of the main appeals for a small child to relate to and start reading
+1. Like Shaun Tan's stuff is brilliant as ORTs. Explores belonging and you can use literary and visual techniques :D

iTzJayden

HSC
I know I'm a little late to the party here, but the entire last half of the book Inheritance is about belonging and non belonging.
It is about how he belongs to the different races eg. sworn allegiance to Nasudia and dwarves and such.
And then there's the sense of belonging he feels to Alegasia, and his obligation to protect it and belong to/protect all the races equally.
He also feels a sense of belonging to his family, and an obligation to protect them.

He feels a sense of non belonging due to being one of the last riders. And he feels a sense of isolation due to his power and people seeing him as a superior rather than an equal - ultimately being the reason he leaves Alegasia.

You could also talk about how he no longer belongs to his old life in Palancar Valley - which is evident through the change of his true name.

CoooNooo

HSC
Fits my essay perfectly :)

I know I'm a little late to the party here, but the entire last half of the book Inheritance is about belonging and non belonging.
It is about how he belongs to the different races eg. sworn allegiance to Nasudia and dwarves and such.
And then there's the sense of belonging he feels to Alegasia, and his obligation to protect it and belong to/protect all the races equally.
He also feels a sense of belonging to his family, and an obligation to protect them.

He feels a sense of non belonging due to being one of the last riders. And he feels a sense of isolation due to his power and people seeing him as a superior rather than an equal - ultimately being the reason he leaves Alegasia.

You could also talk about how he no longer belongs to his old life in Palancar Valley - which is evident through the change of his true name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)