Ernst & Young (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's more to do with the advertising seems to focus on high school students and now that I think about it, the application forms did seem suitable for first year students as well.

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
yeh no add's at my school really, just likely to find a flyer in the careers office. Isn't it amazing how things work.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh EY sent our school a bunch of pedometers, lollies and pamphlets... when I say a bunch, I mean a box.

VLTURBO

HSC
For ppl sarting at PwC do we have to apply for full-time or part-time. Some ppl i have spoken to said full-time because the first semester we dont work. I thought we would be applying part-time and so have only applied for part-time, but now i am unsure. Can someone clear this up for me?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Full Time- and later on, PwC will provide a letter stating that you are on a cadetship and then the university will allow you to switch to PT.

I'm assuming you are talking about UTS's Part Time course- I rang them up about it to ask.

For people planning to study at UNSW, just select normal B Commerce (or whatever course you are choosing?) and elect night-time/part time classes for the 2nd Semester/Session (not sure what the correct terminology is).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
babee_blu_eyez said:
i thought a cadetship was like...joining the army :rolleyes:
LOL you and most of the population- but then, I can't blame them- whenever people ask me I prefer to say 'working scholarship'- gets the same message across without having to explain that I'm not enlisting.

¬_¬

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
A few firms use the term 'traineeship' which I think is the most appropriate.
Definitely appropriate, but the title of 'trainee' just doesn't cut it compared to 'Undergraduate Consultant, Financial Assurance'.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
InfiniteQ said:
Does that mean you just finished 1st year?
Yes and you promised me notes for genm0703 :p

I don't really understand why you think firms aren't interested in hiring a 1st year student but whatever the case... it's a business - no one gives a shit whether you're in 1st year or not as long as you're willing to work under their terms.
correct, you shouldnt need to be x year. But the application forms on the sites specifically says * to be eligible: need to be completing current HSC.

and i'm like.. well, that abouts rules me out.

I think it's more to do with the advertising seems to focus on high school students and now that I think about it, the application forms did seem suitable for first year students as well.
yes, I havnt seen any ads directed to us (1st yrs).

About the one I got at sbp, I found the ad on the flyhigher site. Which actually includes 1st year!! :eek:

btw, happy new year everyone.

Last edited:

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Eagles said:
'concepts of physical fitness and health'
Ooh yeahhh I'm totally doing that one so yes unless you beat me to it in which case you'll have to give me your notes :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
Hooked myself up with some business attire today...why dont they make clothes big anymore? I struggle to find shirts that dont show my midriff. :haha:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL I'm waiting until June before I start buying a new snazzy suit^^ Although I've been picking out some nice ties (gradually)! How were the sales?

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
seremify007 said:
I just read the CA website; and here's what they said;

Source: http://www.flyhigher.com/Home/Content1.aspx?PageID=CadetshipsHS
Ah yes.. thats in the High School section. the word cadetship isnt even on the 1st year uni page :headbang:

InfiniteQ: oh what the heck? I thought you did it last winter session!! bah!!! I'll be doin that this summer.. no free notes for me then GRrrrrrrr :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)