Eurovision Song Contest 2005 - Hello Europe, this is Ukraine calling! (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Don't forget that tonight is the night! Battling for musical supremacy begins 7.30pm!!!

(Just about to buy the CD for it in Dick Smith... goldness should pursue).

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
IT'S A TRAGEDY!!!!!!!!

Belarus was by FAR the most fabulous and they didn't make it past the semi!!!!!!!!!

:( .... :mad:

I loved that royal-gypsy-witch-stripper and her three funky men.

No fair! :mad:

From what I can remember:

• Hungary had good dancers...
  • Monaco wasn't bad...
  • Moldova is a stupid name for a country....
  • The Lithuanian singer looked like a cheap hooker...as did the Portugese.
  • Romania was quite good...
  • Wig-Wam are great.
  • Belarus should have won the whole fucking competition.
  • Switzerland had a good-ish song with horribly repetitive and crap lyrics.

chepas

HSC
How great was that!

I am stoked Croatia went through! That was excellent.

But Belarus :( Poor Angelica.

Norway. Oh dear. The "Kiss" factor just didn't do it for me. It was just eeek. And all those dancers in all the acts. Some of them were great.

Moldova - yeeeaaaah! The grandmother drum song! It took me a while to realise they were singing English in parts.

All the songs seem 'good' so far. None of them seem embarrassing for their countries yet a la Austria and that weird song :rolleyes:. I actually like the music! ;).

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
Wig-Wam are great.
!!!! Puh-lease! :p Oh dear NO. This is music with a capital Crap. It was scary! Little kids watch this! The poor little cherubs.

Now that more memories coming back..

The Icelandic entrant was hot... and the Finnish entrant once again looked like he was 45. Last year's was also ooold.

t.

HSC
hahahahaa....how great was Croatia!? ;) (except for the weirdo drummer dancing on his hands) The poor Slovenian guy didn't get in though...I actually liked that song! He prob. should've had a few half naked dancers doing the slavish polka with monkeys in suits. That would've ensured accession for sure. :uhhuh:

oh and aaahahahahaha...FYR of Macedonia was shocking! He couldn't dance...oh if only he hadn't tried!!!! lol

hmm..and 'le grand soir' guy had a slight hotness factor...just enough to make the song interesting...

chepas

HSC
lol yeah some of the costumes are just gold. Especially when they get national costume on us :D.

I still can't get over that Belarus didn't get in :mad:. There's no logic left in this world.

chepas

HSC
t. said:
FYR of Macedonia was shocking! He couldn't dance...oh if only he hadn't tried!!!! lol
God yes. It was FYROM yeah? Cos I remember going "omg this guy and his dancers are like, what you'd see in a high school production"...

Re Hip - Romanians with drum things: Everyone had people with weird drums :p.

Which one was the one where the Wogan wannabe said were the Three Muskateers? The guy with the blond hair in the dance made me die laughing cos their dance was hilarious and made his hair do fnuny things...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Wasn't Belarus was it? They had three dancers... Mmmm.

Okay. I just realised, we haven't bagged out the accents of the presenters.

Where on earth do they get these people??!!

"Tha prawper woy to begen the Yeerovission Soong Contest is to meet the cuntestunts"

:D :D

I wish my hair looked like hers...

But the accents had me in stiches all evening. THEN when she started on about the envelopes... "These are not just envelopes.. There is a lot behind them"

*Hippy La-Laa falls off chair in hysterics*

chepas

HSC
Ooh now I reread closely:
t. said:
'le grand soir' guy had a slight hotness factor
Nu-uh. I think one of the Latvian guys could have qualified in that area :D. That 'Le grand soir' song though. I couldn't work if it was about love or nationalism. It sounded (and subject matter was) like the French version of the Anthem from "Chess".

CrashOveride said:
Australia should have participated.

Heck, Israel was there.
Guaranteed Australia will be there - once we are a members of the European Broadcasting Union ;).

I'd be first in line audition to be the entrant!

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
"These are not just envelopes.. There is a lot behind them"
RRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!! Yes! That was it! GOLD! What the hell could possibly be BEHIND an envelope?

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
^Haha. You'd have some competition!

Hippy's objective in life: Be a Eurovision contestant.

Nah. I just want an outrageous costume and hot, gay men dancing around me. And some neon lights. *drools*

:D

t.

HSC
the three musketeers were after israel methinks....with the scary lady who stripped thrice? teeheee...they were wearing pirate suits.

Apparently Hungary is a favourite...meh. I can't wait till Sunday! Though I'm not looking forward to having to endure the pain of listening to the presenters....eek! I threw two cushions and croissant at the screen t/out the show. The guy seems to be incapable of moving his mouth and varying the tone of his voice. :mad:

Re Latvian guy....nope, I can't even remember him so he couldn't have been that hot! Unless they were the two blonde guys doing the sign language....omg I hope not!????! They were the very anithesis of hotness!!! :uhhuh:

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
Haha. You'd have some competition!

Hippy's objective in life: Be a Eurovision contestant.

Nah. I just want an outrageous costume and hot, gay men dancing around me. And some neon lights. *drools*
Crikey - let's do a duet!

I'll be your light
With all of my might.
The cakes in the sky
In the leprechaun's eye
Will sing for joy.
Oh boy oh boy.
For our love is too great, oh yeah. Baaaaaby. Lalalalal lai lai lai ley ley loo lalal lai lai lai.

There's our chorus. Bring on the costumes and gay dancers!

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
t. said:
the three musketeers were after israel methinks....with the scary lady who stripped thrice? teeheee...they were wearing pirate suits.
They were definitely the Belarussians. ;)

The big coat, the dress, then the sparkly jumpsuit= Angelica.

Can't say I dug the sign language thing. They were rather cute, but not Eurovision material.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)