Eurovision Song Contest 2005 - Hello Europe, this is Ukraine calling! (2 Viewers)

chepas

HSC
t. said:
Apparently Hungary is a favourite...meh. I can't wait till Sunday! Though I'm not looking forward to having to endure the pain of listening to the presenters....eek! I threw two cushions and croissant at the screen t/out the show. The guy seems to be incapable of moving his mouth and varying the tone of his voice.

Re Latvian guy....nope, I can't even remember him so he couldn't have been that hot! Unless they were the two blonde guys doing the sign language....omg I hope not!????! They were the very anithesis of hotness!!!
Hungary - I can see that. I hope THEY win actually. It was a good song lol.

Host - yes. Well, I suppose it's sort of a characteristic of Slavic languages. I can't imagine the mouth would open too much if there arethe equivalent of 6 consonants and 1 vowel in a word.

Hotness of some guy - I wish I can remember who it was. Will have to watch it again lol. That sign language song was again a bit heavy for me. I don't like depth and message in Eurovision. It makes it so much harder to tear the songs to pieces :D.

That host's French is... ahem...

Speaking of not Eurovision material - Norway! But that rock punky style seems to be in vogue. Let's just take a look at Switzerland too!

t.

HSC
chepas said:
Crikey - let's do a duet!

I'll be your light
With all of my might.
The cakes in the sky
In the leprechaun's eye
Will sing for joy.
Oh boy oh boy.
For our love is too great, oh yeah. Baaaaaby. Lalalalal lai lai lai ley ley loo lalal lai lai lai.

There's our chorus. Bring on the costumes and gay dancers!

OMG now THAT is the stuff of a perfect Eurovision lyricist. Absolutely love it.

Re Slavic language=inability to open mouth. I'll have you know my mouth does indeed open when I speak either Croatian/Slovenian etc. The guy has no excuse.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Switzerland's lyrics just sucked! "Good Vibes..something about a shadow killing me... argh... "

Catchy tune though.

The 'Glam Rock' thing does appear to be the in thing at the moment. I think that should do them well.

Chep said:
I don't like depth and message in Eurovision.
Je suis d'accord.

Nor melancholyness. It must be happy.

chepas

HSC
t. said:
Re Slavic language=inability to open mouth. I'll have you know my mouth does indeed open when I speak either Croatian/Slovenian etc. The guy has no excuse.
At least Croatian and Slovenian have vowel sounds and other diphthongs hehe. I just remember my Czech high school music teacher and watching her speak was funny hehe. And I KNOW she only ever swore at me...

OMG now THAT is the stuff of a perfect Eurovision lyricist. Absolutely love it.
Why thank you ;). My own composition © 2005.

I love Croatia. It's just different to everyone else. The swaying music hehe. Made me think of mum's German music from childhood...

Boris Novkovic - Vukovi umiro sami/Something about Wolves dying said:
Tišina k'o sidro, veže mrak
U meni polako kopni strah
Ova ljubav je bila priviđenje
Nije ovo moje vrijeme

Do zore je ostao još koji sat
A vani nemir, k'o da je rat
Oblačim kaput i odlazim
Da sve zaboravim

I opet
Dunavom plove brodovi
A ti više za mene ne brini
K'o lišće sam, vjetar me raznosi
Vukovi umiru sami
Yaaay. I heard him sing "Ne brini" and that brought back so many memories of Bosnia 2003 - Ne brini, ne brini, za mene. Laz me nista ne mozeeeeeeeeeeeee... - and taunting Bosnian friend and shaming her forever more with those words :D.

Last edited:

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
How funny was the commentators remark at the end about Turkey's (?) song 'Rimi Rimi Lay'. "You can't have good a good lay without some rimi rimi".

:D

chepas

HSC
^^ HAHAHAHAHA YES!! I wonder how he got away with it hehe.

And Pasha and Masha. Gold.

t.

HSC
chepas said:
Yaaay. I heard him sing "Ne brini" and that brought back so many memories of Bosnia 2003 - Ne brini, ne brini, za mene. Laz me nista ne mozeeeeeeeeeeeee... - and taunting Bosnian friend and shaming her forever more with those words :D.
I have a feeling you're evil....

hmmm..momentary confusion..in my drunk-on-chocolate-and-other to be left unnamed substances- state I thought Boris actually posted that quote of his lyrics...??? or do you speak croatian now as well?? omg I'm confuuussseeed!!!! hahahaa....

chepas

HSC
Lolol. There is nothing evil about Eurovision or me :D.

No - quoting the lyrics of Boris. It's just that "Originally Posted By" looks rather odd... www.eurovision.tv is the haven of everything.

Listening to Monaco again. Nice song. An orchestra in a Eurovision song? Odd...

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I can't believe Martin Vucic got through. Being Macedonian, I'm happy that he got through, but that song is hopeless, the performance was hopeless and he has big man boobs. I don't know why anyone would vote for him - even in the Ex-YU countries.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
^^^ It's sad isn't it? Don't you kind of feel obligated to root for your own country even if their performace sucks? haha, that's how i feel a lot of the time with the Bosnian entries. Haha, even with Deen from last year...I hated him, yet I loved him so. Even though all of Bosnia hates him coz he's gay.... Dearie me, I can't wait!!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I have a personal hatred for Martin Vucic, but because he is representing Macedonia, I will be "rooting" for him. The Serbs have a good song this year but I don't think they will emulate Zeljko Joksimovic last year - they are my favourite.

Speaking of Martin Vucic and dickheads, what about that little Irish dude? He was dancing around like a cock and his pants were pulled up to his tits. Ireland should have won on pure comical value. I don't mind the Moldovans. It reminds me of Turkey's entry last year - Athena - For Real.

t.

HSC
There is no justice in the world.

The top four are shocking!
I can't believe FRM got more than France? hmm...at least Serbia's in the top 10, and Croatia's...well, close enough. ;) yipee!

HSC
Why are there no Italians - there weren't in it last year or this year? Are we under a ban or something or did I just blink and miss their act?

Can someone please tell me why there are so many strange acts that qualified this year? As long as there is some eye-candy I will be easily pleased though ... music takes a back seat to how hot they look! :D

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I think Italy choose not to participate.

t.

HSC
Yep, Italy stays away from the ESC. They have their own contests and festivals eg San Remo- which is definitely up there with the Song Contest greats in regards to entertainment value... ;)

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Yeah San Remo was just on too, I think the final was on tv yesterday. It's always great fun, except I don't understand a word of it!

chepas

HSC
TaperJeanGirl said:
that's how i feel a lot of the time with the Bosnian entries.
They're excellent!!! Especially that Mija Martina from 2003. I love that song. Has she just faded into obscurity? I think she was a journalist or something...

absolution* said:
Im so pumped for tonight. Eurovision party time!
Yyyyeeeaaaahh :uhhuh:. Anyone having Eurovision parties? Or if there's somehwere to go lol?

t. said:
The top four are shocking!
I can't believe FRM got more than France? hmm...at least Serbia's in the top 10,
The Big Four are always crap :p. Germany brings shame on my family all the time. And they're on track to do so this year as well.. :mad:. Anyway, the 4 so obviously haven't taken the contest seriously for years.

Little factlet: Of what, 82 million Germans, only 1 million voted last year. There's an enthusiasm indicator for you!

Last edited:

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I watched it live this morning. Very disappointed with the outcome. Moldova should have won.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Komit said:
I watched it live this morning.
Welcome. You are officially a Eurovision Tragic. :p

Komit said:
Very disappointed with the outcome. Moldova should have won.
Yeah, I saw the winner on the news. Stupid twats spoiled it all for me.

absolution* said:
Im so pumped for tonight. Eurovision party time!
Yay! *parties with absolution*

I can't wait for the show. This being Terry's last. Bring on the cattiness!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)