Eurovision Song Contest 2005 - Hello Europe, this is Ukraine calling! (1 Viewer)

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Chep said:
Hip how funny was the French-Andorran accent

I was going to say the same thing to you!!!

BIZARRE!

Are you getting urges to give things points in French? Pasha's given me the urge. I've been walking around the house saying "Ma Mere, quatre points", "La port, six points" "Mon pied, un point"....

Maybe it's just coz it's late at night and I've only had 6 hours sleep this weekend... :eek:

The FYR dancers were SO skanky! Ugh!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Chep said:
He suggests that only those in the final should be able to vote, which kind of makes sense...... Thoughts?
He has a point. But I think I'd be pretty miffed if my country didn't make it through the semi's and were consquently eliminated from the voting.

The exclusivity of the contest would detract from the Euro-celebration.

But it does drag on and on..... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

t.

HSC
chepas said:
I like the chorus in the song, but the verses are just like these little non-entities.
Hahaha...I thought the exact opposite. The chorus was weak. The verses at least had some rhythmic variation.

chepas said:
I cannot believe that the Ukrainian President was present there. A Head of State present at Eurovision!!!!! I find THAT hilarious :D.
Well, yeah. It makes sense- after all, political sovereignity/ diplomacy determines the voting. Besides, give the poor guy a break- he got poisoned and was only inches from death! He deserves to feel the rush of being on the Eurovision stage... ;)

chepas said:
(in France and Germany I KNOW there is a LOT more talent than that) they could actually get this contest, for which they pay a lot.
hmmm...or maybe Italy had the right idea of giving up and sticking to its own festivals??

chepas said:
Interesting what he says about 39 countries voting being farcical, and dragging it on forever. He suggests that only those in the final should be able to vote, which kind of makes sense...... Thoughts?
yeh, could eliminate some of the revenge voting...but probably not enough to make a significant impact...

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
He has a point. But I think I'd be pretty miffed if my country didn't make it through the semi's and were consquently eliminated from the voting.

The exclusivity of the contest would detract from the Euro-celebration.
Actually that is a good point. It would break the whole Euro-unity thing they have going.

t. said:
Well, yeah. It makes sense- after all, political sovereignity/ diplomacy determines the voting. Besides, give the poor guy a break- he got poisoned and was only inches from death! He deserves to feel the rush of being on the Eurovision stage...
I wasn't knocking him, on the contrary. I greatly admire him for it actually! He is a legend though, given that the country came out of great political stuff just a few months before, to stage such an event is quite admirable.

Notice that Serbia gave Bosnia 10 points, but Bosnia gave nothing to Serbia? Interesting...

Good show though. I wanna get that book now! Good bedtime reading.

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Ahh, it was a fun show! Haha, yeah Bosnia wasn't tres embarassing like it sometimes can be.. (Deen where are you now??). I was going for Israel - she had a good voice and she was fucking gorgeous. I liked Russia too, but they did pretty shit. The Croatian guy was ok, a little "safe" but meh. Plus, I am very sad that Croatia and Serbia made it into the top 14, whilst Bosnia was like 16th :-( Haha

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
UK sucked... that chick was tryin to be beyonce, but she was so out of tune that she sounded truly dreadful. THe girl from Malta was pretty good (at least she wasn't shouting) but that song kinda reminded of me of the one that goes "I'm your lady.. and you are my man...."

how funny was that dude with lipstick and silver lycra from norway (i think!). Ohhh dear, it is a worry when that level of talent makes it into the FINALS!!!!

This show is pure gold!

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Does anyone think that Romania looked like Ruby Wax?

How the fuck did that song get so good she was just shouting

"VON'T U PLEEEEEEEEZZE LET MEEE TRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!"

or Masha "Can u speak up darling we cant hear you"

"VELCOME BACK TO KYIIIIIIIIIIIIVVV!!!!! OH I CANT MY HEART IS BREEEAKING!!!!!!"

Ruslana and the boxer's convo in English had me ROFL

Ruslana: "NOO VLADIMIR IMA GOIN-G HAVE KNOCK YOU OUT!!!"

Her performance with the fire gun had me in tears aswell!!

Ah, god bless Eurovision and Terry Wogan always seems to think whats on my mind, and those host were hilarious!!

chepas

HSC
llamalope said:
THe girl from Malta was pretty good (at least she wasn't shouting) but that song kinda reminded of me of the one that goes "I'm your lady.. and you are my man...."
Behehe yeah. She reminded me of Celine Dion encased in Casey Donovon - especially that song it sounded like something of her "A New Day Has Come" album... :)rolleyes: ).

The lipstick and lycra - if you listen to the song without looking at that guy it's a bit less creepy. But when you here "COME ON! COME ON! COME ONE!" it's still reeeaaallly bad :D.

Hurray for Athens 2006.

look-out

HSC
Whether the contestants were good or bad is beside the point. The only way a country can win is to have as many "freind" countries as possible.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
There is the 50th anniversary Eurovision in Copenhagen in OCtober which will vote for the best Eurovision winner over 50 yrs. Oh and i have to say the Danish entry was quite hot...

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
ihavenothing said:
Oh and i have to say the Danish entry was quite hot...
...in a dorky, teachery way.

ihavenothing said:
Does anyone think that Romania looked like Ruby Wax?

How the fuck did that song get so good she was just shouting

"VON'T U PLEEEEEEEEZZE LET MEEE TRYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!"
I thought the percussive thing the Romanians had going rocked! At least she shouted in the right key. I can totally see the Ruby Wax resemblence. :p

chepas

HSC
Hip said:
At least she shouted in the right key.
lol!! At least...

ihavenothing said:
[Ruslana's] performance with the fire gun had me in tears aswell!!

Ah, god bless Eurovision and Terry Wogan always seems to think whats on my mind, and those host were hilarious!!
Ruslana - ah yes. I wondered where the hell that thing disappeared to because after a bit it was gone without a trace.
Wogan - If only the Big 4 would listen to him :D.

Re Ruby Wax: Baha. What is she up to nowadays? I remember there was this doco she did on SBS or something a few months ago and that was funny.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I really hated those hosts, the way they talked. Was funny when the commentator nicknamed the girl host Screech.

suga_crunch

Suga Crunchie
HSC
Eurovision

I reckon Israel sud hv won!! Da girl realli sang her heart out n looked SOOOOO FAB-U-LOUS!! Damn i wished i had a dress like dat!!!

P.S i h8d da commentary!! Man dat guy had issues!!! He thought da UK had ALL da talent....BUT DEY SUCKED!!! OMG!! Dey sounded n looked like every1 else!!

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
suga_crunch said:
I reckon Israel sud hv won!! Da girl realli sang her heart out n looked SOOOOO FAB-U-LOUS!! Damn i wished i had a dress like dat!!!

P.S i h8d da commentary!! Man dat guy had issues!!! He thought da UK had ALL da talent....BUT DEY SUCKED!!! OMG!! Dey sounded n looked like every1 else!!
Type in fucking english, you gnome.

Shreik and Ant= :cool:

chepas

HSC
How boring is life without Eurovision now? Everything is in grey, unspectacular... :(

Because Peter Whatshisname did a Eurovision review on Rove I watched it for that. But how crap was it? Last year it was pretty good but this time it was as if the Channel 10 switchboard would have been lit up with complaints from various groups - feminists (the 'racks'), Ukrainians (the Ukraine? So much for independance), I forget more but yeah.

Austrian press indicates that Austria might pull out of the contest because of crappy scores. Also that once many of the 'Western' European countries pull out the contest will just eventually die, because of no money from them. It's horrible! Death of Eurovision! :(

Last edited:

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
How could you hate the commentary? I thought some of it was hilarious, and for once there is a commentator that isn't afraid to express his views.

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
Chep said:
Because Peter Whatshisname did a Eurovision review on Rove I watched it for that. But how crap was it? Last year it was pretty good but this time it was as if the Channel 10 switchboard would have been lit up with complaints from various groups - feminists (the 'racks'), Ukrainians (the Ukraine? So much for independance), I forget more but yeah.
I watched that too. But MEH! He missed all the good bits obviously.

Not even a mention of my little Masha. :(

chepas

HSC
suga said:
He thought da UK had ALL da talent....BUT DEY SUCKED!!!
If you think that Terry Wogan thought this year's UK entry was good... !!! Rather scathing I thought.

We get to look forward to that special 50th anniversary thing in Denmark in October too! Hurrah! And we can vote in this too lol....

Hip said:
my little Masha
Having memory blank - Masha was what the chick was called, yeah? Cos it was DJ Pasha?

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I watched that Rove Eurovision thing as well - even though I hate Rove. You missed Peter Helliar saying that wouldn't mind checking out the Isreali chick's "Gaza Strip". HAHAHAHA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)