Eurybiades Assessment task (1 Viewer)

M@ster P

HSC
Hi guys I need help with my assessment task. I was looking through books and things but theres no mention of when Eurybiades was born or how he died. Can I just say its not available, however in the marking criteria it says you have to mention his birthdate and death. If anyone has his birthdate, death and his background can you be kind enough o give it to me, because I cannot find it in library or internet.

ty

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Hm, i had a bit of a search around on some databases and you're right, his career seems to have outshone such mundane things as his birth and death. However, the fact that your assessment specifically asks for for a birth date and the conditions of his death leads me to believe the information is out there! Have you had a look in Herodotus and Plutarch? They could be some good starting places (There is no Life of Eurybiades in Plutarch but he should definitely get a mention in the live of Themistokles, maaaaaybe Aristides as well- If you have a newer edition there may be notes on him at the back).

On the other hand, often such details have simply not survived and that could be the case here. I think you should really ask your teacher after you've looked through some ancient sources, theres no point in going on a mad hunt for some information that unfortunately just doesn't exist.

M@ster P

HSC
thx for your help, I talked to my teacher and she said Eurybiades is one of the ones that has the least information, so im guessing she will take that into account. anyways i did my speech today, I went okay i guess.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
thx for your help, I talked to my teacher and she said Eurybiades is one of the ones that has the least information, so im guessing she will take that into account. anyways i did my speech today, I went okay i guess.
Yea, he's definitely not the most interesting character of the time, imo anyway, how come you did your assessment specifically on him? Seems a little bit odd... So i take it you couldn't get a hold of the info? Did your teacher know if the dates are even still around?

M@ster P

HSC
Well, the way i received Eurybiades as my topic for my assessment task, was I put my hand in a hat with many names and Poof!!!!!!!! there came the name Eurybiades.

Yeah I couldn't find the birth dates and death dates but i talked to my teacher and she knew my topic was the most difficult. On the bright side the assessment focused on the significance of the personality and the connection of the events in 500 - 440BC and there was heaps of info on that, as he was a commander of two persian wars.

So yeah, i think i went ok, however it was quite stressful and time consuming considering i had to really search the internet and library for info, while others received well known personalities such as Leonidas, Themosticles and the Persian battles, this annoyed off because with one click all their info was there, unlike mine, anyways i can't whinge too much because this is like life, you win some and lose some.

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
That's a shit go, but at least you got some got some good researching skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)