everyone is full of it? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Which is why I'm killing myself for not studying harder...

My study routine is usually stop/start, most of the times, it's stop.

I got 93.5.... I suppose it's okay, considering the little work I've done. But my mind's flooded with "what if's"...
You sound like me yesterday, but i really don't have the energy to care anymore (or maybe it's just because i'm sick lol).

oly1991

HSC
Which is why I'm killing myself for not studying harder...

My study routine is usually stop/start, most of the times, it's stop.

I got 93.5.... I suppose it's okay, considering the little work I've done. But my mind's flooded with "what if's"...
We got the same ATAR!! woo haha

sinophile

HSC
N/A
troll thread

If you don't believe me, then lets have a survey. Who actually did 20+ papers here and got >95 ATAR? Who did less and got that?

twitch92

HSC
N/A
Speaking of Ego, you just had to pop 99.60 in there didn't you?

Couldn't handle it could you?
no shit sherlock. my ATAR was the basis of me creating this thread. i got 99.60 with doing an average amount of work. some people on here study literally 10 hours a day to get ~95 and love to brag about about how much they studied.

PodiatryA

HSC
no shit sherlock. my ATAR was the basis of me creating this thread. i got 99.60 with doing an average amount of work. some people on here study literally 10 hours a day to get ~95 and love to brag about about how much they studied.
Yes, but your simple mind is missing the important things. DIFFERENT SUBJECTS. REQUIRE. DIFFERENT NEEDS. You may of done easier subjects like Legal studies, where as people who are doing 3U/4U Maths need to do those past papers. Whereas legal studies is purely a subject based on memorising, which in return = less study.

twitch92

HSC
N/A
Yes, but your simple mind is missing the important things. DIFFERENT SUBJECTS. REQUIRE. DIFFERENT NEEDS. You may of done easier subjects like Legal studies, where as people who are doing 3U/4U Maths need to do those past papers. Whereas legal studies is purely a subject based on memorising, which in return = less study.
...... that's why they invented scaling:jaw:
but no, i didn't do legal studies or any faggy rote learning subjects for that matter.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I think what school you go to plays a part, as well as your cohort.

I did a fair bit of study, but not in the form of past papers. I did maybe 8 past papers for Ext 1 Maths, and 1 for physics (Both band 6's/E4), but I did lots of revision, wrote practice essays, made summaries and wrote out all formulas required. I got 96.00.

I'm not going to lie, I thought I was going to get a little higher, but I am definitely happy as it's more than what I need to get into the course I want to do.

In short, I reckon I worked really hard, and got a really solid mark in the end. Although, it is also my opinion that this year, certain subjects were marked harshly and ATAR's are lower than expected across the board [at least with people at my school].

bubbrubb

HSC
mate you sound stupid --.--

you're arguing that you got 99.6 with an "average amount of work" and because YOU did an "average amount of work" (which is subjective i might add) and got a decent atar that means everyone else who did alot of work should have gotten 99.95. you realise its atar is a RANKING? that means that we cant all have the same atar duh and obviously some are smarter than others. since when did your workload suddenly create a standard for everyone else in the state. some need to work hard to get their marks and some dont... simple as that.

why are you putting ppl down for saying how much they worked to get 95? thats not ego or pride. its actually the opposite. they are showing that they werent brilliant and needed to work for what they got. you on the other hand are clearly seeking compliments on how you achieved your atar without exerting as much effort as them.

ALSO... to those wistfully stating how your atar does not show your potential because you werent trying and you could have done so much better and saying shit like "i only did study the night before and i still got 90 :):) imagine if i studied hard...": you're full of shit. you are no smarter than those who got the same atar as you albeit trying alot harder. WORKING HARD is a SMART choice. dont think effort is somehow a totally disconnected factor in success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)