everyone is full of it? (1 Viewer)

twitch92

HSC
N/A
i've been lurking this forum for a while and that ATAR&HSC marks of 2009 have led me to the conclusion that when talking about school, everyone totally inflates the amount of work they do. people on here get ATAR's of ~95 and claim they did 20+ exams for each subject (this was quite early in the year as well). that is totally unnecessary and i'm sure if you actually did that many exams you would be getting 99.95. maybe people do this to intimidate others or maybe as a way to just to stroke their own ego. i got 99.60 and i did maybe 4 past exams for each subject and my total revision time for each subject was less than 15 hours. either everyone (i'm not just referring to this forum) is downright retarded or they like to inflate the amount of work they do when speaking to others.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I've noticed that a lot the 09ers on this site tend to be big worriers, perhaps they go for such overkill to ensure beyond any doubt that they will go well.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
Is that really the case? My impression is that more people say they have a high atar/uai without doing much work.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
I bet you did 30+ exams for each subject.

If you claim to have only done that much study your sir/madam have in IQ of 150, Sorry but we cant be like you.

Also i dont think the majority on here done 20+ exams.

noturningback

HSC
gtfo

some of us have to work harder then others

some of us had to do 10 hours study a day for several months to get our 96.50

gah

Bseic

HSC
My ATAR isn't that great at 92.55 but I couldn't have expected much more with the little amount of work that I did. No time to do even a single past paper and reading over someone elses notes...

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
i've been lurking this forum for a while and that ATAR&HSC marks of 2009 have led me to the conclusion that when talking about school, everyone totally inflates the amount of work they do. people on here get ATAR's of ~95 and claim they did 20+ exams for each subject (this was quite early in the year as well). that is totally unnecessary and i'm sure if you actually did that many exams you would be getting 99.95. maybe people do this to intimidate others or maybe as a way to just to stroke their own ego. i got 99.60 and i did maybe 4 past exams for each subject and my total revision time for each subject was less than 15 hours. either everyone (i'm not just referring to this forum) is downright retarded or they like to inflate the amount of work they do when speaking to others.
They may/may not have done that many test papers but you can't accuse them of "only" getting ~95 because they have done all that and that they "should be getting 99.95." These people try extremely hard to get 95s etc. Maybe it's not THOSE people that are stroking their ego but people like you who claim they did minimal work and gained an excellent ATAR.

Anyway, I just felt like sharing that.

HSC
atar truly does not define anyone all i know is that people worked really hard to get what they deserve

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I did a total of 82 past papers between Mathematics (2U) and Extension 1 Maths (3U) and still only got 89 and 84 respectively... They helped, of course but looks like it came down to it on the day.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Is that really the case? My impression is that more people say they have a high atar/uai without doing much work.
+1

Although when i say i crammed HSC physics into 4hrs before the exam, tis true. Ask anyone who was talking to me on MSN the night before physics/morning before physics XD

M@ster P

HSC
I did a total of 82 past papers between Mathematics (2U) and Extension 1 Maths (3U) and still only got 89 and 84 respectively... They helped, of course but looks like it came down to it on the day.
lol you serious bad luck man, i did around 40 past papers between 2unit and 3unit throughout the year and got 93 and 90. What's the plan you gonna repeat 3unit this year?

Last edited:

Eddykungfu

HSC
Speaking of Ego, you just had to pop 99.60 in there didn't you?

Couldn't handle it could you?

copeys

HSC
Study does pay off. I only started (seriously started - like 5-6hrs a day) on the first day of holidays.

I did around 10 past papers for Maths and Ext 1, and did all the past papers for bio and physics in between 00 and 08 (9 papers). I got an 87.6, but I didn't put in a lot of work (as much as other people) - if I put in more I could have achieved a better result.

dp624

HSC
lololololololol
well it depends on the person. someone who studies well for past papers vs someone who might be better off studying otherwise?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

the only subject i did past papers for was mathematics, and i only did like 3 or 4
and not even 1 full past paper for extension maths or chemistry

for all other subjects i only did multiple choice from past papers and make/read study notes
for english, i did no practice essays, just memorised my shit

i only started studying for the HSC and finishing my study notes after school finished, and i only did like
3 hours a day maximum, sometimes even less
so basically i did a pretty mediocre amount of studying
and got 95.10 :D

imagine what i could of done if i was a study freak o_O

in summary: everybody is different

Last edited:

5233andy

HSC
Which is why I'm killing myself for not studying harder...

My study routine is usually stop/start, most of the times, it's stop.

I got 93.5.... I suppose it's okay, considering the little work I've done. But my mind's flooded with "what if's"...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)