evidence of "creating" in kubla kahn (1 Viewer)

SmileyCam

HSC
Evidence o' creating

the greatest symbolism of creative is probably the 'fountain' that hurls rocks etc. (volcano) it represents the birth of an idea, the image of the volcano, the fountain elevates the power of the creative process

lilymaid

HSC
What do you mean by creating-its to ambiguous...

Do you mean does the poem create enlightenment? or atmosphere?

niall045

HSC
The river alph is your ticket. "Alph" - greek letter alpha - first letter - the beginning - creation. It is the main point of the poem, it flows everywhere therefore creation flows everywhere. Keep on with that, just write with more eloquence than i have. hope it helps.

hype couture

We learnt kubla Khan was about sex and orgasm. therfore the creation involved is that of joy or eventually reproduction. Essentially we saw the metephor of nature and the creation of the city in the poem as being symbolic of life and the creation of this. refer to genesis i guess? hth.

lilymaid

HSC
Thats what I learnt too. What are the initials of your school? And did you learn that at the end of last year?

hype couture

lilymaid said:
Thats what I learnt too. What are the initials of your school? And did you learn that at the end of last year?
initals as L.K

no we learnt if first term 05, last year we did telling the truth

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
the sexual imagery - the bursting fountain etc is significant as Coleridge compares the "creative" processes of his poem with reproduction. Remember that to the romantics, Creation was divine and to reproduce was God's doing - it was an extremely sacred thing.
Through writing a poem, in exploring his imaginative world, Coleridge reaches a point of mutual oneness with God - it is a spiritual journey as much as an imaginative one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)