exam on monday (1 Viewer)

hsc=suicide

HSC
is anyone else fucked? or feel they are? i always have a feeling of absolute dread the days leading up to a MX2 paper. but once i get in there its all good and i just work solidly for 3 hours..

so whos stressed?

whos fucked?

who thinks they will ace it :S wierd UBER nerds.....

shimmerz_777

HSC
im kinda nervous for it. there are only 8 ppl in my class and narrowly just came 5th even though i was getting equal third in marks by the trial. ive been basing my expectations of my mark that i am an average student, however i have a very high stupid mistake rate in intergration and the easy complex numbers. when i say high you have no idea how stupid some of these mistakes are, i's become 1's, writing out the question incorrectly......

anyways ill just be happy if my mark is average, i know the course but i find that the hardest part is figuring out how to answer questions in the latter half of the paper, the work may not be hard in them but like circle geog, u either see it or u dont. so yea good luck

HSC
Our teacher didn't teach us Harder 3-Unit, he gave us a handout instead and just said "learn this and you'll be right" :bomb:

Luckily, I finished 4th in my class of 19, so I should be alright, because I'm pretty good for everything else (unless they ask a hard conics question)

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
i came 5th out of 5th in my school, i got 40% in my trials, most likely gona get 10% in the hsc because i absolutely know nothing through the amount of exams i have lately

ergh

P

pLuvia

I'm quite alright, but mechanics may screw me up a bit if I don't interpret the question properly :p And possibly stupid mistakes. I ranked 2nd out of 16, missed out on 1st in trials by one mark, to which the person who came first got more time, 1 hour more! :(

gamecw

HSC
man i have 2 days to study for it... or revise whateva..

im more stressed out abt the physics exam tomorrow.. for sum yr's paper i can get 80+ but sum year's 70-, or even lower..

about the 4 unit exam, i just hope that i can get a E4.. expecting myself to get atleast.. 85+/120 (hopefully)...

stress.. :bomb:

HSC
oh im a fucked
i came last in school, got 48/120 (and this was no catholic paper, quite straightforward)
aiming for 60/120 in HSC, its not going to happen, im so fucking lazy lol

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I'm basically ready, just need to do a few more past papers on the weekend to get me psyched up for it. :p

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
i'm not really that ready....relying on this weekend to get good at everything, expecially mechanics and conics.

hmmm for some reason i think that's just not going to happen. oh well :p

hsc=suicide

HSC
lol 16? 19? people!!! fuck. we have 3 at my school. 3!!! and i topped the class, and i was only getting 50%'s...oh god, I AM FUCKED.

H

housemouse

I sure hope this monday's exam will be similiar to 2004 since I hate complex numbers and volumes, I understood volumes in the half yearly but now i cant seem to grasp the questions where you are finding volumes that do revolve or have something to do with the origin.

And i dont get complex, especially the vectors.

hsc=suicide

HSC
complex numbers are just about in everything!

no mechanics. none at all. except maybe SHM. thats what i can only hope for

:-(

Mill

HSC
housemouse, may i suggest you ask a tutor to explain volumes to you for 30 minutes. there is basically only 3 types of questions. know how to do those 3, and you're guaranteeing yourself a fair few marks since they usually stick 2 volumes questions in.

H

housemouse

Care to explain these three types?

I can do slices, but sometimes finding the area of the slice is a pain for me.
I can do shells but only the real simple ones i.e. just substituing the givien curve into 2 pi x y and away you go.
I can do revolutions but only the ones that revolve around the origin.

And ive noticed a trend in question two in the hscs where the last part is always a complex number question and i get screwed over by it all the time. Guess i got to learn it.

Mill

HSC
not in any great detail :p

but the three types are:

1. a typical slices question, ie. blah is rotated around the x-axis, use slices to calc volume

2. a typical shells question, ie. blah is rotated around the x-axis, use shells to calc volume

3. a slices question where they give you the equation of the base and tell you that each cross-section is a certain shape

of course there is minor variations on the theme (and obviously some questions are more difficult than others, ie. annuluses) but the general methods stay the same

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
pLuvia said:
I'm quite alright, but mechanics may screw me up a bit if I don't interpret the question properly :p And possibly stupid mistakes. I ranked 2nd out of 16, missed out on 1st in trials by one mark, to which the person who came first got more time, 1 hour more! :(
what? why? dont tell me some sort of special provision.

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
Sparcod, you do as many past papers as you can, marking them and reworking the questions you got wrong.

I'm really nervous. I didn't focus on ext2 much during the year as there were only 2 people doing it (me inclusive) and the other girl is satisfied with about 30% so I only got 66% in the trial. So, pretty much, the exam on monday will be 100% of my course. I know I can, but it depends on how careful my algebra is and whether they throw in some mother-of-god conbinatorics proof, get 100+...here's hoping.

slee89

HSC
I was just wondering, for u guys how many past papers u reckon u should do to prepare for the hsc. By saying many, r u saying like the past 15 years of hsc papers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)