exam on monday (1 Viewer)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
slee89 said:
I was just wondering, for u guys how many past papers u reckon u should do to prepare for the hsc. By saying many, r u saying like the past 15 years of hsc papers?
15+ would be nice but just do as many as you can with the weekend left.

H

housemouse

FUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realised how screwed i am. I cannot do any question eights and so this presents a very big problem for me. The answers when you look at them look so simple, they're just using the basics and playing arond with them, but you dont even think of those thingsin the exam.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
housemouse said:
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just realised how screwed i am. I cannot do any question eights and so this presents a very big problem for me. The answers when you look at them look so simple, they're just using the basics and playing arond with them, but you dont even think of those thingsin the exam.
You could still get a decent mark without even looking at Q8. If you are consistent with the first 5-6 questions, then you should be well on your way for a decent mark.

P

pLuvia

How many 4u papers have you guys done so far? I've done about 28 now, too much time on my hands :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
pLuvia said:
How many 4u papers have you guys done so far? I've done about 28 now, too much time on my hands :p
Way too much time on your hands... :p

I've done about 18 from pre-trials till now.

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
18, 28, THATS HEAPS!!! Far out....you guys take your maths seriously.

I've done no more than two, and i know in Monday's test I'm barely going to put pen to paper in questions 7 and 8. Oh well, focus on the easy stuff and I should get an alright mark.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I still don't understand why and how all of you are doing 10+ past papers each in under 3 hours... I'd probably do 2 or 3.

H

housemouse

All hyperbolas are pretty much the same, just that what they ask may be quite dodgy and shit and involve lots of algebra.

Ill also be hoping for a E4, 90 will be enough considering i screwed up my trials (65/120).

Ive done about 14 papers on my own and 10 of the papers from my tutor.

Julz_012

HSC
i'm pretty much screwed for this exam. just thought i'd put it out there. did most people have tutors for it? i didnt so i guess i'll see what happens...

izzy88

HSC
i didn't have a tutor...and im quite stuffed...but i dont regret not having one...

hsc=suicide

HSC
Julz_012 said:
i'm pretty much screwed for this exam. just thought i'd put it out there. did most people have tutors for it? i didnt so i guess i'll see what happens...
i didnt have a tutor, and i dont think im all that stuffed.

vafa

HSC
N/A
I am quite ready for the exams and I think it is not nice to have a tutor for mathematics because I personally want to think about complex concepts by myself and then absorb them. I studied this course all the time and I have purchased Parabola magazine everytime UNSW published it and I have done those questions that are related to harder 3 unit. I have done all most of the recent trial and HSC papers avaliable at Buchanan site. By the way in my graduation my teacher gave me a copy of 3 unit harder questions combined from HSC and catholic. Mechanics is quite easy and you just need to know your formulas and know how to resolve forces. For first 6 questions, generally if you are familar with those questions, you do not to think aboutthem but for the 2 last questions thinking before putting your pen on the paper is really important. I am going to take a stopwatch withmyself, during 5 minutes reading time i just want to have a quick look at first 6 question maybe about 2 minutes and the remaining 3 minutes, i would think the approach of solving questions 7 and 8.and finally during writing time i need to finish first 6 questions in 1.5 hour max and i would try the rest of the questions.

I am sure that if each one of you know your basics fluently and then look at the questions logically and do not accepting assumptions without logic, then everyone is going to get an excellent mark. and Algebra is not the first choice in conics. sometimes you look at the question and firstly you may use algebra to solve the problem but if you think about the question you could find easier ways. for example an ellipse whose center is not 0 intersects the yand x axis at A,B,C,D then you need to show OA.OB=Oc.OD obviously the best way of solving this is the ratio between the roots. I do not think 10 seconds of thinking about a question would waste much time.

For today and tommorow I am going to read 50 HSc tips and tricks by Gaha, Hopefully I will finish by tommorow and then a bit of inequalities.

Last edited:

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
right......

well for the rest of us mere mortals...

...ohh shit, brace yourselves folks!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
vafa said:
For today and tommorow I am going to read 50 HSc tips and tricks by Gaha, Hopefully I will finish by tommorow and then a bit of inequalities.
Yeah, that's a really good book for exam tips and tricks, will definitely be reading mine. :D

Last edited:
H

housemouse

EmmR said:
right......

well for the rest of us mere mortals...

...ohh shit, brace yourselves folks!
lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
Riviet said:
Yeah, that's a really good book for exam tips and tricks, will definitely be reading mine. :D

MUHAHA me too
just going through every Q in the book

I have done hsc papers from 2005 to 1990, and 20 or so trials...
a lot, but not that i can do them all

I came 2nd/30, one mark short
hoping for 90-ish raw

goodluck guys!:wave:

HSC
Julz_012 said:
Im with you on that one....go us helpless non-sydney folk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)