Exam predictions (1 Viewer)

Official

Bring it on
HSC
pretty sure i've seen americium used as an answer in the successone book for a 5 marker on radioisotopes

i just stick to cobalt-60 (medicine) and ceasium-137 (industry)
mm yeh, however, a senior marker (that teaches at my school) says the answers in success one are "band 5 at best", i.e. I need further confirmation

I think I'll probably switch to Strontium-90 for Industry..

HSC
i've never liked the successone answers - they're mildly disproportionate marks-wise and just stupid every now and then

hscrabbit

HSC
i've never liked the successone answers - they're mildly disproportionate marks-wise and just stupid every now and then
:O i've been using success one.... which one do you use? Is practicing really all that important, can't you just know the content and be fine? :S

umz93

HSC
I use Cobalt and Caesium. I reckon they will pull a shifty and specify a battery.

nae_13

Premium Member
HSC
Chem will have something on radioisotopes for sure

on that note... does Americium 241 count as an Industrial radioisotope, after all, it's only used domestically.
I had it as my Industrial, but checked with the teacher and my past papers book - both said you can't use it because it's 'commercial use' not industrial. I'd change it just to be sure :)

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
mm yeh, however, a senior marker (that teaches at my school) says the answers in success one are "band 5 at best", i.e. I need further confirmation

I think I'll probably switch to Strontium-90 for Industry..
Some of them are really good and some of them are pure shit. There's a range.

jamesfirst

HSC
I don't think so. I think there will be a 7, 6, 5, and 4 marker and then a 7 marker in the option.
But I guess we won't know til we do it. :/
oh, Okay.

I predict that there will be some fked up ppm calculation q and I will mess it up so bad because I don't know how to do it (literally)

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
I use Cobalt and Caesium. I reckon they will pull a shifty and specify a battery.
But they can't do that without giving you the equations and other stuff like they did a few years ago, because it's not in the syllabus to know all of them and some would be advantaged.

illishaA

HSC
N/A
modern hist predictions for national study germany and conflict in europe ?

i'm going with causes for the failure of the weimar republic and ascension of power for nazis
or perhaps foreign policy

can anyone have a guess for conflict ?
i was thinking ' to what extent did d-day contribute to the allied victory ? '
if not D-day, whats your second best bet ?
cheers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)