Exam predictions (1 Viewer)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I've seen a few threads on predictions so I thought we could put them together and then after the exams see if anyone was right.

My predictions:
English AoS will be about belonging to place or have something to do with enriching the community/world. Also, TWO RTs.
The creative piece might specify text type (PROBABLY NOT).
Also, the creative will probably have image stimuli as the previous two years have been lines.

English paper 2 will have a different text type to write, but only one.
Mod A for Standard might be a comparison again to be in tune with Mod A of Advanced.

Chemistry options will be difficult and will have some sort of graphing.
The 6/7/8 markers will be on ethanol and something else (probably bioploymer)
There will be a 4 mark question on radioisotopes (probably how they are formed)

Biology communication option the 7 marker will be on the eye.
The 8 marker in the core will be on blueprint. Probably emphasis on transgenic species.

Mx1 - question 6 will be more difficult than usual, but 7 will be easier. 7 will be projectile motion.

Mx2 - I will probably fail.

Any other predictions?

EDIT: Chemistry modified and English.

Last edited:

Skriker

HSC
I've seen a few threads on predictions so I thought we could put them together and then after the exams see if anyone was right.

My predictions:
English AoS will be about belonging to place or have something to do with enriching the community/world.
The creative piece might specify text type. (probably not)

English paper 2 will have a different text type to write.

Chemistry options will be difficult and will have some sort of graphing.
The 6/7/8 markers will be on ethanol and something else.

Biology communication option the 7 marker will be on the eye.
The 8 marker in the core will be on blueprint. Probably emphasis on transgenic species.

Mx1 - question 6 will be more difficult than usual, but 7 will be easier. 7 will be projectile motion.

Mx2 - I will probably fail.

Any other predictions?
...........i love you. If your right about english I will love you even more.

business studies- the case study will be on reasons for globalisation because it has not it hasn't come up in the past 7 years "LoL"
Economics- Probably a policy mix essay or globalisation it can't be one on ESD as they already did one for that last year

well their mine :)

artosis

HSC
mx1 : i'm just glad that they did permutations last year. so chances are they might not do it again. I really do hope its a projectile
mx2: rofl it doesnt really matter what they throw at me. i just hope conics are easy and very little harder 3u.

HSC
Uni Grad
Paper 1 - creative - specify text type (speech, feature article or something?), belonging essay - probably a more specific belonging concept?
Paper 2 - worst case scenario - different text type for mod A, selecting speeches for mod B, and a specific question for mod C

MX1 - hoping its something other than projectile, want either inverse functions, circle geometry (my favorite topic) or harder trigonometry
MX2 - hoping less on circular motion and less conics. more harder 3U for me with an exception of probability and projectile motion :p

Legal studies - not much idea, since it's a new syllabus, however given that both CSSA and independent have asked for young offenders in the 15 marker crime question, they wont test it. Instead I reckon itll be about sentencing and punishment, or even international crime. As for the electives, it's hard to say.

Glorious

HSC
Are you guys aware that a text type for creative writing english would literally screw up the majority of the state? Why are you guys coming up with such unrealisic predictions... :S belonging essay wouldnt ask about one particular aspect of belonging... However they may give terms in the question you need to focus on... However, they will have to be generic... Because not all belonging prescribed texts and related texts will be based on the same aspects of belonging so thats just way out of the scope of the question... Make some good, realistic ones... Its not like theyre going to fully screw our year over. Lol.

isenseven

Premium Member
HSC
Legal studies - not much idea, since it's a new syllabus, however given that both CSSA and independent have asked for young offenders in the 15 marker crime question, they wont test it. Instead I reckon itll be about sentencing and punishment, or even international crime. As for the electives, it's hard to say.
They wrote the HSC months before those papers were done/came out. It is probably a very realistic option as they tried it a few years back but nobody went well in young offenders back then according to my teacher/hsc marker.

EDIT: and i imagine international crime would be way to small to drag a 15 marker out of.

o_0

HSC
Paper one:
Belonging question will be on how intrinsic forces shapes one's identity
Creative will have an image stimulus

Paper two advanced:
Mod A will be how connections remain relevant over time
Mod B will be theme based
Mod C dno

taeyang

HSC
physics - particle accelerators hvaent seen those kind of questions pop up in a while
is that for quanta? i swear i do not recall learning about particle accelerators...
I completely agree with you Complexx it will almost 100% be.. I've had this feeling ever since I learnt it.. khfreakau if you don't know just look through the section in Andrew Harvey's notes in the resources (not that you need it probably) but I just reproduced that and got 7/7 for the section in my trial.

Mathematics Ext 1 will almost certainly be Probability again, AND there will be an "arrangements around a table" question OR "permutations" ...

Physics will also have a question that merges 2 modules together (like 2010) but it will be more explicit this time... Just think about the question before you answer it.

English will have a Newspaper article OR letter to editor type thing

Ext English will have a creative where you must make a short story that involves (for romanticism) all of the 3 I's

Engineering will just be stupid as shit as usual.

o_0

HSC
Physics will also have a question that merges 2 modules together (like 2010) but it will be more explicit this time... Just think about the question before you answer it.
what question was it?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Mathematics Ext 1 will almost certainly be Probability again, AND there will be an "arrangements around a table" question OR "permutations" ...

English will have a Newspaper article OR letter to editor type thing
Mx1 - I agree with the table and permutations but not for question 7.
English - they wouldn't ask for a newspaper article because they like to have analysis and perspective not purely factual shit. So, they would ask for a feature article not a newspaper article.

kroiston

HSC

My predictions:
English AoS will be about belonging to place or have something to do with enriching the community/world.
The creative piece might specify text type (PROBABLY NOT).
Also, the creative will probably have image stimuli as the previous two years have been lines.

English paper 2 will have a different text type to write, but only one.
Mod A for Standard might be a comparison again to be in tune with Mod A of Advanced. .
As in, from the 2010 Module A question, about comparing the creation of voices in related and core?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
As in, from the 2010 Module A question, about comparing the creation of voices in related and core?
Yeah.
The question was "Compare how DV is created in the prescribed text and one related" but this year I think it will be something like "Compare the ways DV effect the perspectives produced onto the responder in your prescribed and at least one RT." or some shit.

cpwincess19

HSC
Shit , I hate blueprint of life in biology . It utterly fucks me over .
The eye is alright though I guess ...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Shit , I hate blueprint of life in biology . It utterly fucks me over .
The eye is alright though I guess ...
Me too, that's why I think it will be a long answer. Also, because I can feel it in my bones, etc.
Might want to fix your punctuation before the HSC, mate.
Who taught you to put spaces in front of commas, full-stops, etc. anyway?!

jamesfirst

HSC
Physics-

Q&Q: 7-8 marker on standard model and particle accelerators

packwolf

HSC
Economics- Probably a policy mix essay or globalisation it can't be one on ESD as they already did one for that last year
Forgive my ignorance but what is ESD?

English: Agree it will be an image stimulus for creative, wont specify text type. Section 3 WILL be an essay. Section 1 will be in colour (last year was the first time english has been in colour, costs a fuck load more $$) so ffs talk about colour in your answers.

Hoping for three essays in the modules but i wouldn't count on it.

Drama: question will be "please write your prepared response on the lines provided"

Eco: exchange rates essay i reckon (including policy response)

Bio: big marker on infectious disease, koch's postulates etc

those are my bets

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)