Exam predictions (2 Viewers)

cpwincess19

HSC
Me too, that's why I think it will be a long answer. Also, because I can feel it in my bones, etc.
Might want to fix your punctuation before the HSC, mate.
Who taught you to put spaces in front of commas, full-stops, etc. anyway?!
Hahaha I can spell perfectly fine , I think it looks neat when I put spaces in between commas etc :)
Personal preference lol I don't do it in exams :L

HSC
Uni Grad
My school made us sit for 2 sets of trials including cssa and independent. The independent one had the criminal trial in it which i love. However if theyve had them written beforehand, then it is likely for it to come up again :) otherwise, im not sure if they look at trial papers and other independent ones to write the exam. However itll most likely be sentencing and punishment, investigation process or criminal trial. For options, def at least one will be a themes and challenge q. E.g for independent. . They gave compliance/non compliance for both of the options im doing... Family and world order.
there were two options in all of the questions anyway, and they're all based on the themes and challenges from the syllabus..
btw do you write notes based on the themes and challenges section? :O
coz that's the way i structure my notes is based on the above...

I hope they don't ask for specifics, otherwise I'm fucked coz I barely know my content for family and world order (I barely even touched this topic T_T)

the independent this year had young offenders, and there was no case scenario that went with it (I sat the independent trial this year)

fuggu1

HSC
how many related texts should we prepare for eng? i hope its one this year :S

Skriker

HSC
Forgive my ignorance but what is ESD?

English: Agree it will be an image stimulus for creative, wont specify text type. Section 3 WILL be an essay. Section 1 will be in colour (last year was the first time english has been in colour, costs a fuck load more $$) so ffs talk about colour in your answers.

Hoping for three essays in the modules but i wouldn't count on it.

Drama: question will be "please write your prepared response on the lines provided"

Eco: exchange rates essay i reckon (including policy response)

Bio: big marker on infectious disease, koch's postulates etc

those are my bets
Haha no worries, Environmental Sustainability development)

basically.........The environment :)

Glorious

HSC
there were two options in all of the questions anyway, and they're all based on the themes and challenges from the syllabus..
btw do you write notes based on the themes and challenges section? :O
coz that's the way i structure my notes is based on the above...

I hope they don't ask for specifics, otherwise I'm fucked coz I barely know my content for family and world order (I barely even touched this topic T_T)

the independent this year had young offenders, and there was no case scenario that went with it (I sat the independent trial this year)
yeah. Both option questions will most likely be themes and challenge based qs. I havent written notes on them, but you could use what youve got in ur normal notes to answer them. You just have to sift out the right stuff. World order is the best option topic. I dont really like family but ill cope with it hopefully. Btw, my teacher went to some meeting where legal markers/ exam writers told teachers about some tips they could give to us. And apparently they said the paper this year will be easy because were the first to sit for the new syllabus.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha I can spell perfectly fine , I think it looks neat when I put spaces in between commas etc :)
Personal preference lol I don't do it in exams :L
I didn't say anything about spelling… it doesn't look neater, it just looks stupid.
It looks worse than the people that forget spaces after commas.
I would prefer to read "F**k you,c**t" than "F**ck you , c**t".
I mean just write it the way it's intended, we can see the comma there, we aren't stupid.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
HSC papers were written at the brimming of the year waaay before the trials. Just to let everyon know.

Also, I think Belonging will be TWO RTs this year.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't say anything about spelling… it doesn't look neater, it just looks stupid.
It looks worse than the people that forget spaces after commas.
I would prefer to read "F**k you,c**t" than "F**ck you , c**t".
I mean just write it the way it's intended, we can see the comma there, we aren't stupid.
lolololol

ye i hope everything is "at least one" or "two"... idk my essays sound better with more relateds.

i also haven't prepared any essay with just 1 related

i suppose i should do this...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
lolololol

ye i hope everything is "at least one" or "two"... idk my essays sound better with more relateds.

i also haven't prepared any essay with just 1 related

i suppose i should do this...
I would prefer ONE or AT LEAST ONE for everything because I don't really have a 2nd one prepared. Hahaha.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
I would prefer ONE or AT LEAST ONE for everything because I don't really have a 2nd one prepared. Hahaha.
loooooool

well one of us is going to be kinda screwed if it isn't AT LEAST ONE

i reckon if worst comes to worst you could just copy out your 1.5-2page response from s1... i mean it's not that dodgy is it hahhaha. i saw my belonging related text (poem) in a 2009 s1 AOS trial paper, i was like fk that would've been amazing

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
i reckon if worst comes to worst you could just copy out your 1.5-2page response from s1... i mean it's not that dodgy is it hahhaha. i saw my belonging related text (poem) in a 2009 s1 AOS trial paper, i was like fk that would've been amazing
Yeah, I wrote in another thread that I planned to do that. Lol
And the advanced teacher said he would've given my essay a solid B that I gave him, which was on the unseen texts for the 2010 paper.
And if it I use it the marker will give me the benefit of the doubt and assume I already had it set up as a related text. :p

HSC
Uni Grad
yeah. Both option questions will most likely be themes and challenge based qs. I havent written notes on them, but you could use what youve got in ur normal notes to answer them. You just have to sift out the right stuff. World order is the best option topic. I dont really like family but ill cope with it hopefully. Btw, my teacher went to some meeting where legal markers/ exam writers told teachers about some tips they could give to us. And apparently they said the paper this year will be easy because were the first to sit for the new syllabus.
but then again you need to memorize a whole list of cases and legislation, as well as some media articles and reports so you can answer anything they throw at you...
oh thank god then.. but then again, if it's easier then it'll reduce my chances of getting a band 6 in the externals :( (I don't want the band 6 cut off to rise from 82 to 90s T_T)

acemusic415

HSC
I hope to Jesus that the paper isn't too simple yet complex. Straight essays would be nice. I hope Module B doesn't have some effed up theme we need to respond to.

simmmy

HSC
what do you guys reckon about business studies

silence--

HSC
i am thinking:

-picture stimulus for creative (I hope not, but I have a feeling)
-ONE related for belonging and AT LEAST ONE for mod c
-all modules text types will be essays, BUT if they decide to make one a speech/sth else, it will be mod B.
-belonging 'theme' this year will be belonging to place (idk actually haha)

hmm, I'll add some more stuff here later

HSC
I hope to Jesus that the paper isn't too simple yet complex. Straight essays would be nice. I hope Module B doesn't have some effed up theme we need to respond to.
This

Worst they could do for Mod B (Hamlet) imo is a feature article :s

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)