exams how do you overcome the anxiety (1 Viewer)

MrDimple

HSC
well i got my half yearlies in like 1 week from now ><
and i get exam anxiety like i blank out in exams. Is there anyway to maintain normal and be positive its when i enter exams i like forget what i study i studied for more than 3 weeks before the exams and im thinking it might happen again any tips or help.

Gladly appreciate the help

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
well i got my half yearlies in like 1 week from now ><
and i get exam anxiety like i blank out in exams. Is there anyway to maintain normal and be positive its when i enter exams i like forget what i study i studied for more than 3 weeks before the exams and im thinking it might happen again any tips or help.

Gladly appreciate the help
Day before the exam, don't study seriously. Just go over formulas, and brief notes. Memorise stuff that you find it hard to understand.

1 hour before the exam, casually talk to friends. iPod in your ears and relax. Just look over your formula, notes and etc.

30 minutes...same

10 minutes, don't you ever talk to friends. At this time, they might ask you questions and there might be stuff that you missed out and you might feel really stressed. Don't let them introduce things that you may not have covered. If they do tell you, you will feel stressed and carry that stress into the exam room. In order to de-stress, just listen to iPod and yeah, relax.

hotfiree

HSC
N/A
Dont cram, study weeks before the exams. Seriously thats the only way if you actually care.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
10 minutes, don't you ever talk to friends. At this time, they might ask you questions and there might be stuff that you missed out and you might feel really stressed. Don't let them introduce things that you may not have covered. If they do tell you, you will feel stressed and carry that stress into the exam room. In order to de-stress, just listen to iPod and yeah, relax.

best advice, cept be careful with music, i listened to the tetras song before an exam, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad idea.

MrDimple

HSC
i dont think i cram before exams like i said, i studied 3 weeks before the exam and i just hope i dont blow it and now i got 1 week left i really see how far ive grown into the studying habit and see whether it has paid off, thanks namu on the tips

-tal-

HSC
Breathe.

Talk to a "friend" (person) you know that is an asshole. They'll happily oblige when asked to tell you to calm the f*ck down - and other associated attacks of character. This works very well.

Anger management. Let it out. Get a pillow and chuck it around (I have some sort of wool stuffed thing that doesn't make a sound) - ie be violent. You get an awesome adrenaline shot and complete mental clarity for some reason.

Concentrate.

Talk things over to yourself. Don't think too hard. Swearing at yourself works pretty well if you cbb being violent.

Take a deep breath before opening the exam paper. Look up to the ceiling. Put things into perspective. Look at the time. THEN sprint through the paper.

dinopoke

HSC
During the exam, get into a rhythm of working through the paper and don't stall. Your adrenaline should keep you motivated. At the same time, don't rush through it or you will misread or make silly mistakes. Just keep a steady and constant pace and make sure you have time to check over your work.

chltmddus112

HSC
Day before the exam, don't study seriously. Just go over formulas, and brief notes. Memorise stuff that you find it hard to understand.

1 hour before the exam, casually talk to friends. iPod in your ears and relax. Just look over your formula, notes and etc.

30 minutes...same

agreed

LordPc

HSC
How about growing a pair?
not quite a proper question but good try :)

i remember hearing a speech before my half yearlies. basic idea was that you should be a little nervous, but if you are really really nervous then it might be a sign that you arent confident and havent studied enough before hand

so study -> confidence -> less anxiety in exams

but after the first exam you should be fine. it was like that for me, after my first hsc exam i didnt have any real nerves for the rest of the examination period

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)