• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

exams (2 Viewers)

canty69

HSC
Prelims

Has anybody done their prelim exams that were externally set in physics, chem, eco, maths 2u or english yet.

P

pLuvia

do you do bio?? i have some past bio notes courtesy of a very good friend :p

klaw

HSC
canty69 said:
Has anybody done their prelim exams that were externally set in physics, chem, eco, maths 2u or english yet.
why do you want externally set ones?

canty69

HSC
cauz skools buy prelim papers n they are all the same or very similar so if u've done an ecternal 1 u can help other ppl out cauz u'll noe wat questions are in there, ive already done engineern

[Damo]

HSC
canty69 said:
cauz skools buy prelim papers n they are all the same or very similar so if u've done an ecternal 1 u can help other ppl out cauz u'll noe wat questions are in there, ive already done engineern
are external exams written for preliminary courses, ie.: year 11 maths?
for example is there like an independant or catholic preliminary trial examination that schools can buy??

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
i'm pretty sure that our sci faculty buys their paper..cuz i've seen same questions in papers different years and different schools, maths the faculty makes the teacher...usually different teacher throughout the year, the A class teacher is making ours so it is very hard...not sure about eng..eco definitely

too bad i dont do bio...imagine 6 units of sci T.T (although i put down phys,chem,bio b4 startin yr11)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I just had my english paper one exam...pretty happy with it, though I might have screwed the last question - but dammit, we were told it would be an essay!!!! :chainsaw: lol but other than that it went well :) now I gotta go study up for the second paper tomorrow. *scurries off*

klaw

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I just had my english paper one exam...pretty happy with it, though I might have screwed the last question - but dammit, we were told it would be an essay!!!! :chainsaw: lol but other than that it went well :) now I gotta go study up for the second paper tomorrow. *scurries off*
hmm... you do different parts of english on different days? at my school you just do it all on one day...

samuelblayden

Newcstle Knights 2006
HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
They start on Monday. im stressed. Has anyone not studied? I have a bit but I dont think I have done it properly and I cant remember anything.

NO not yet any way

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Ok I think I failed mathematics and adv english...biology, I probably got 60-70%.

My report card is going to look great with my marks on it.

HSC
i've done my biz, both english and chem. Got ext english, ext math, 2u maths and IPT to go... anyone do misfit in society for ext english???

Loz_metalhead

HSC
My chem is on Friday 9-11:05.

I should be studying...im such a loser. Theres somethign wrong with me. Last night I felt so sick that I couldnt study..I have some mental problem.:S

xx__savannah

HSC
My exams started yesterday, with Eng AOS and today was Paper Two. Stupid, stupid questions. I had people in Standard say they wrote more than me for my Depth Study and Critical Reading, and I do Ext :( That'll be a bad exam. Teacher doesn't explain stuff, just shouts about the word 'paradigms' and how the dictionary put the wrong definition in for it.
Gen Maths should be easy-ish (new teacher since half yearly has brought mark down to 80s). Ext Eng will be the worst. IPT will be weird. Online Eco will be hard cos I'm behind cos I've been studying for Chem HSC. Can't be stuffed doing RE -- I'm blaming my teacher.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
Seriously, does anyone else have the problem I do? Last night my stomach was turning and I felt so anxious. Weeks befoer the exam I say to myself that i will study. Exams come and I get to nervous and stressed I am incapable of studying...I just feel so anxious that i cant.

felixcthecat

HSC
hmm, guess just gotta get used ot it XP but it always helps to sleep early before exams.. if u can't fall asleep then either think of the stuff u remember or get up and read over ur notes =P or else gotta sleep, esp before maths, cuz there's not much last minute studying u can do..~

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I cant sleep. And when I go to read my notes I give up because im so stressed. Sounds very silly but it happens to me and i cant make it stop.

klaw

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I cant sleep. And when I go to read my notes I give up because im so stressed. Sounds very silly but it happens to me and i cant make it stop.
hmmm why would you give up reading notes coz you're stressed? shouldn't it be other way around? if you're worried shouldn't you be frantically trying to get as much info from those notes as possible?

xx__savannah

HSC
klaw said:
shouldn't you be frantically trying to get as much info from those notes as possible?

Theoretically, yeah. But I've always found that if you're stressed, there's no use going over notes again cos I'll forget them, or jumble them up. I go to bed and let my brain work without me for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)