Excel books ~ (1 Viewer)

Juliaan

HSC
I get tutoring for Maths and English, which is like a fair bit for each lesson.

Though i don't get tutoring for DT, Art and Business,

So i was thinking, should i get the:

1) $31 HSC Excel Books for those subjects, thats just everything i think.

2) $21 HSC Excel Revise-in-a-Month for those subjects.

Also, you rekon i should hit these books up for math and english as well my tutor :S

Im just really indecisive and other peoples opinions help heaps :]

THANKS!! ~

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Don't you ever get Revise In A Month books. They are not very helpful at all.

They are very limited in contents.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i really like the full excel books. i have the chem one and it sets it out really well, with the dot point and the information relating to it, etc. i also have tutoring for english and just bought the rom my father AoS one and i really like it. it just gives you a bit more of stuff to do at home, and i like the set out of them. i only need the chem [as my teacher is not helpful at all - it and my textbook are my teachers.] and english, because my teacher is too tyrannous for me to be able to ask questions. if you need it, i think it's really worth it.

Juliaan

HSC
Ahh cool cool,

thanks alot, that was heaps helpful guys.

Im gonna get the full excel books,

dayum, thats $93... not including the maths ones.

Theres also these books with 1990-2007 past papers and solutions or something, though i can get all of those off BoS right?

MrDimple

HSC
i got the old excel books some one confirm i got a excel HSC physics textbook by neville warren its old but yeah is that the excel books?

LordPc

HSC
Ahh cool cool,

thanks alot, that was heaps helpful guys.

Im gonna get the full excel books,

dayum, thats $93... not including the maths ones.

Theres also these books with 1990-2007 past papers and solutions or something, though i can get all of those off BoS right?
No, you cannot get the solutions off the BoS because the BoS does not release the solutions. There are some people who do the test themselves and sell thier own answers in books, like the Success books, which they sell, but the BoS does not endorse them. they all have a disclaimer at the start saying this.

so yea, you have to buy them, you cant get the answers on BoS

Juliaan

HSC
hmm, well 1990 - 2007 or soemthing.. with solutions, should i get it.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You'll need it, especially when you approach your exams later on. On the issue of Excel books, it really depends on what subjects you're looking for. Generally, I think for 2U Maths or the sciences, they're competent. But for humanities such as History, they're too basic, vague and are rubbish.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I get tutoring for Maths and English, which is like a fair bit for each lesson.

Though i don't get tutoring for DT, Art and Business,

So i was thinking, should i get the:

1) $31 HSC Excel Books for those subjects, thats just everything i think.

2) $21 HSC Excel Revise-in-a-Month for those subjects.

Also, you rekon i should hit these books up for math and english as well my tutor :S

Im just really indecisive and other peoples opinions help heaps :]

THANKS!! ~

You can't do well in maths without Cambridge, Terry Lee or Fitzpatrick. You should have at least one.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You can't do well in maths without Cambridge, Terry Lee or Fitzpatrick. You should have at least one.
Not true. All they do is provide some explanations that many textbooks do. It is just that they provide better explanations.

You can still get awesome mark just by doing past papers which is probably the best method of studying for maths.

bayan92

HSC
My chem and bio teachers said Excel is quite weak in sciences. I am really happy with the Macquarie Study Guides. They have all the stuff you really need. :pirate:

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
the excel revise in a month for art is actually quite good for practice exams its good, invest in it, since its the only study guide available for art really

Rainie

HSC
Excel for Business in my opinion is too brief and irrelevant shit gets chucked in. I would recommend the Macqurie Study Guide for Business and the Leading Edge ones for concise information :)

DGDG77

HSC
Don't get the revise in a month they are crap, also agree that business excel is not that good. Macquarie and Dot Point are popular and quite good for revision.
Don't pay full price buy them on ebay for anywhere between $5-$20 second hand just as good;)

Juliaan

HSC
Heaps of people sell them on bored of studies as well, cant trust ebay ones, all highlighted up and shiz.

Though from what i gather,

Get Art Excel, Design Excel and Business Marq/Leading Edge.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I love the excel 2 unit maths book! :D

Managed to learn the whole course by my self to the point where I'm confident that I'd get 100 + in a 2 Unit exam

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC

Managed to learn the whole course by my self to the point where I'm confident that I'd get 100 + in a 2 Unit exam
Is that HSC 2-unit Maths? 'Cause your in Year 10... right? That'd be reasonably impressive.

Juliaan

HSC
haha thats good,

umm, yeah i might get the math and english one, expensive as :[ ~ ha

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC

The Maths 2 unit Excel book is out of date and excludes certain topics so I wouldn't be that confident if I were you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)