Excel books ~ (1 Viewer)

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
My physics teacher praised the excel physics book today, so I'm thinking about getting that.
I have Jacaranda for physics, which I find good enough.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
The Maths 2 unit Excel book is out of date and excludes certain topics so I wouldn't be that confident if I were you.
Really? Didn't know. Wouldn't a 2007 Edition of any Excel HSC 2 Unit book be reasonably well updated tho?

Did the 2007/2008 2 Unit Past Papers and didn't really find anything tremendously difficult.

Just for the records: 2008 was harder.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Really? Didn't know. Wouldn't a 2007 Edition of any Excel HSC 2 Unit book be reasonably well updated tho?

Did the 2007/2008 2 Unit Past Papers and didn't really find anything tremendously difficult.

Just for the records: 2008 was harder.
Check the syllabus on the Board's website. Topics like sequences and series are excluded from Excel.

Kittikhun

HSC
How about the Success One books for maths? Are they good?

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Not true. All they do is provide some explanations that many textbooks do. It is just that they provide better explanations.

You can still get awesome mark just by doing past papers which is probably the best method of studying for maths.
Lol, Namu your the one who said that Fitzpatrick was an essential for 2 unit Mathematics in your "Ultimate Guide for Mathematics" thread.

You must be mistaken about the explanations. Terry lee and Fitzpatrick have good explanations but Cambridge has worst explanations ever. It does have a great variety of questions to consolidate that flaw though.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lol, Namu your the one who said that Fitzpatrick was an essential for 2 unit Mathematics in your "Ultimate Guide for Mathematics" thread
Yes that's true. But if you read that again, I have focused more on the importance of past papers.

Past papers pwn everything.

You must be mistaken about the explanations. Terry lee and Fitzpatrick have good explanations but Cambridge has worst explanations ever. It does have a great variety of questions to consolidate that flaw though.
Okay...I don't personally agree with this though. I reckon Fitzpatrick is only good for 2 unit maths. If you go to 3 & 4, Cambridge > Fitzpatrick easily. But that's just my opinion.

shady145

Banned
HSC
My physics teacher praised the excel physics book today, so I'm thinking about getting that.
I have Jacaranda for physics, which I find good enough.
its good because its got a nice little spot to put your summaries in, and covers every dot point. i have the jacaranda one as well but mostly use excel because its smaller. a bad habit i need to stop.
it has around 120 questions at the end of each topic, hints and practice exams are also in it. the information in it is exactly the same as the old excel physics book tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)