Expectations of MQ Semester 1 2012? (1 Viewer)

FTW

HSC
Not sure if serious.

Lets just say you can pack all 5 units into 3 days, left you with 4 days. Less 2 day for work and you have 2 days left for 3 sports and studying. You making mission impossible 5?
I am serious -.-

I just have uni spaced over 5 days, and I am working some days after uni and on the weekend. It's not really a part time job even, just a few hours a week tutoring. That way I have some afternoons free for sport :)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Wow, may i ask why you decided to take on five units in your first semester of uni...? Just genuinely curious, not too many people take that sort of workload on in their first year

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
I am serious -.-

I just have uni spaced over 5 days, and I am working some days after uni and on the weekend. It's not really a part time job even, just a few hours a week tutoring. That way I have some afternoons free for sport :)
5 subjects are common for actuarial students for first year second semester but not first yr first sem o_O

FTW

HSC
Wow, may i ask why you decided to take on five units in your first semester of uni...? Just genuinely curious, not too many people take that sort of workload on in their first year
EDIT: Sorry it's for my double degree in sig.

I decided to do that because I wanted to only have 3 units a session for my fourth year so I can complete the capstone units separately without having too much work to worry about. I figure it will start out (relatively) simple (apart from the workload), and only get harder from there, so by allowing more time for the harder subjects I hope it's overall better time management. Also the 5th unit I picked is something I am very confident in, and greatly enjoy doing so it shouldn't put too much strain on me.

Fake-Name

HSC
What on earth is big history...?

EDIT: just googled, i feel silly now
Haha. Without linking you to a wikipedia page that you already viewed, Big History is the History of every event that has ever happened. From the Big Bang and the formation of the Universe, to the World Wars and the present day.

I'm looking forward to it, but worried about if I can handle it.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
^
Is this MHIS115? I haven't done it but i've heard that it's a fantastic unit. Don't stress about the workload too much, they ease you into it.

EDIT: Sorry it's for my double degree in sig.

I decided to do that because I wanted to only have 3 units a session for my fourth year so I can complete the capstone units separately without having too much work to worry about. I figure it will start out (relatively) simple (apart from the workload), and only get harder from there, so by allowing more time for the harder subjects I hope it's overall better time management. Also the 5th unit I picked is something I am very confident in, and greatly enjoy doing so it shouldn't put too much strain on me.
Ah i see, nice to see someone thinking ahead. Don't be afraid to drop the extra unit before the census date if you do feel swamped though, five units isn't really easy by anyone's standards...

Last edited:

Fake-Name

HSC
^
Is this MHIS115? I haven't done it but i've heard thats it's a fantastic unit. Don't stress about the workload too much, they ease you into it.
Yes it is. It's called 'Introductory World History', but the textbooks and the weekly guideline on iLearn are for Big History. I should hopefully be able to handle the workload, although my interest and motivation will definitely vary during the unit. I'm not too interested in the cosmos or the science involved at the beginning of the course..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I dunno, you might find yourself surprised at what you find interesting, especially if you get a really passionate lecturer.

FTW

HSC
Ah i see, nice to see someone thinking ahead. Don't be afraid to drop the extra unit before the census date if you do feel swamped though, five units isn't really easy by anyone's standards...
I hope it works out, for my sake, but thanks for the advice. I'll take it on board!

X

xeuyrawp

Yes it is. It's called 'Introductory World History', but the textbooks and the weekly guideline on iLearn are for Big History. I should hopefully be able to handle the workload, although my interest and motivation will definitely vary during the unit. I'm not too interested in the cosmos or the science involved at the beginning of the course..
Don't worry about that - it's primarily a humanities unit, but because of the way it's structured, you can take your assessments in many different directions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)